Monday, November 16, 2009

Everybody Needs One...




A Ginny, that is!


This kid manages to make me laugh and frustrate the heck out of me, all at the same time.


The week before last was a BAD one! DJ was in Phoenix all week and it was one of those weeks that had a million different things going on. By Friday afternoon, I was done. The kids had been making huge mesess everywhere, and the house was trashed. I finally just lost it. I started chewing the kids out for being such lazy slobs and telling them that I was done being their Mom. Taylor apologized and said that she would do better, but not Ginny.

Ginny just turned it around on me and told me that she was "Kind of like a hobo, because she had mean parents who didn't love her and she was going to move away and be homeless because then she wouldn't have anyone to make her do work or go to school, etc.....".

That sure lightened the mood.... super funny!

Fast forward a few days... Ginny informs me that she wants to be either a bus driver, a doctor, or work at In N Out when she grows up. I told her to take the fast food profession... free double double's, and no student loans.

THEN, last night it was her turn to say family prayer. Luckily she remembered to pray that we wouldn't run out of food and have to go eat at "those places that give you free food". You'll also be pleased to hear that she is still praying that no one else will get the swine flu, especially not us.
Love her!!!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Poor Ginny, the Hobo. You should have told her she already IS a hobo. Way to teach your kids to aim high!! I'm surprised you didn't say, "What about an ice cream man, Ginny? Don't you want to be one? Just think of all the push pops you get to eat!"

Love that twin-Kate cousin/niece.
Worry myself sleepless at night, too.

Richelle said...

I love her!! Just wait until she's 13 and there are hormones mixed in with that personality. Those are especially AWESOME times!!!! Hopefully you're still blogging when that time comes, so I can hear all about it :-) Although maybe you won't find it so funny then!

Kristin said...

A hobo...so awesome!! Where does she come up with this stuff? She is the best!

Sarah Lee said...

maybe it's the second girl thing, mine is rotten too. She is a total slob and doesn't care. Maybe i'll suggest the hobo profession to her as well... or maybe Cafe Rio... mmm, free food for me.

The Price Family said...

hilarious! thanks for the laugh!