Monday, December 14, 2009

I'm Too Young To Have a 10 Year Old!!!

I really don't feel that old. Maybe because I don't act my age
(that's probably a bad thing... oh well)
With Taylor turning 10, I have learned that the older they get, the more expensive the gifts get.
Here is her list of things that she wants:
  • A puppy. This has been on her list for the last 8 years, and will stay there until she has a husband to buy her one.... sorry kid!
  • A Nintendo DS (not gonna happen)
  • A laptop (keep dreaming)
  • A camcorder (you can have my giant old one, it still works)
  • An Ipod

Well, we caved and got her the last item on her list. We got her a refurbished Ipod and saved $50. The smile says it all.

We celebrated by going to see "The Princess and the Frog", making a replica of her favorite dish from Noodles and Co (yummy), and finishing the day watching "It's a Wonderful Life".
The next day we had a party for her and her cousin, where she got lots of Itunes money, real money, and a cute shirt. You couldn't find a happier kid around!
Speaking of happy kid, Taylor is so wonderfully happy. Not only is she happy, but she has made us happy for the last 10 years. I couldn't ask for a better girl. She is so genuinely kind and loving. Taylor is a little replica of her dad... minus the hairy body and boy parts.

Happy Birthday kid..... everyone who knows you, loves you!!!

6 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

Why no DS? Scrooge!!!

Sarah Lee said...

not too young, just to immature. he he. I thought it was hilarious when I caught up with Laurel and she was all like "I can't believe you have 3 kids" and i was all "uh, hello, Ginger has one 3 years older than mine!"
She's such cute girl and maybe it's a first girl thing to be so easy! here's to hoping they stay this way all thru the teen years!

Natalie said...

Yeah, Tay IS a good girl. Happy Birthday!!

And yeah, what kind of a mom are you? No puppy? I know you would love dog poop tracked into the house. Come on, meanie!!!

Anonymous said...

Hairy body and boy parts....I am laughing out loud. You are so funny Ginger!

White Family said...

Ginger, please relay: "Oh man, we love you Tay! Sorry we were barfing and didn't call. Boyd even called into work for me I was seriously so sick. I am so so sorry, but your mom is right, everyone who knows you, loves you and you are one of the BEST girls I know. Love you girl!"

Melinda said...

Ginger - You're fun. You're old, but fun ;)

Tay - Happy Birthday! We all love you.