Wednesday, December 23, 2009

She's Freaky!

So we made our annual trip up to Temple Square to see the lights. We headed downtown early, and totally missed the crowds. The weather was great and we had a fun time. Of course we can't have an outing without some crazy comment from Ginny. We were watching the nativity and DJ asked her if she liked Mary the best. Her reply was, "No, she's totally fake, and she's freaky!" So there you have it.
The next comment from her was, "I would rather go to Vegas. Atleast it's warm and fun there."
So apparently she wasn't too impressed with the lights. You can't win them all, I guess.






Reese has outgrown her hat, so all night it kept sliding up her head. It looked like she had a cone head. Time to dig out one of our bigger hats.

In other news, the kids got their booster H1N1 doses. Now usually we end up holding Taylor down while she freaks out, but not this time. She took a deep breath and got it over with. I guess turning 10 made her grow up. Now if we could just figure out how to get DJ to overcome his fear of needles......
Merry Christmas!



4 comments:

Natalie said...

Ginny is headed down the highway to hell. . . Poor mom. At least she'll have a partner - Kate.

Kristin said...

At least she's honest...maybe Mary is freaky! Sorda like Michael Jackson singing w/the tab choir. At least you made the journey, and got to share some special memories!

P.S. I'm w/Ginny...Vegas does have BIGGER AND BRIGHTER lights, with much better temps!! Lets go!!

Sarah Lee said...

You ARE smart... we went last Saturday night and it was terrbily crowded and crazy!
Your pics are really good too, i was so discombobulated (?) we only got a few pics in. Well, that, and Sean was being a complete raunch! and so was Eric... hmmm, could those 2 be brothers or what?!

Melinda said...

You got some nice pictures. It was freezing and smoggy when we went so we just hurried through -- we didn't even bring the camera.

I'm glad you write down the funny things Ginny says. You'll have a great time reading back through them. I always think I'll remember the funny things my kids say but they don't even stick in my brain long enough to blog them.