
I swear the Science Fair happens every 2 months!
It's that time again, and we have NO clue what to do.
Since Tay is only in the 3rd grade, I hate doing anything too advanced, because then it is obvious that the parents did it all. I also hate the lame "What color of M&M do you like the best" projects. (My apologies to any of you that have done those, but they're lame)
Please share any ideas that you may have. I think that I am going to start saving her projects for Ginny to use. I'll just send Ginny to a different school so that no one will notice.
That reminds me... in the 9th grade I used my friends project. I just re wrote everything in my handwriting. I think that I even used her display. It was "Which brand of microwave popcorn pops up the best". Real scientific, I know. The funny thing is, my Mom didn't even care. I was kid 4 of 7, so by then she was beyond sick of science projects.
On the news last night, they showed a group of kids from Sandy who started their own science club. The figured out how to convert lawnmowers and snow blowers to energy-efficient fuels. Maybe I will give one of them a call. They call themselves "Team Typhoon Techno".
Better yet, maybe I'll give Bill Nye a call.
9 comments:
I gave Spencer a pretty cool science book for Christmas of '07, it has a bunch of science fair project ideas/instructions in it that are kid age appropriate; you should ask Spencer if you can borrow it!
I know, I know ... I've got it! Why not use Ryan's old science project ... Does Big Foot Really Exist? Come on ... stop laughing. At least he got a passing grade and we did the project the night before it was due! Or better yet ... ask Bryant what project I suggested he do just a few weeks ago. He did it too ... it didn't work ... but it was a cool idea!
how can do the project where you put different items into Coke to see the effects of coke (you can use some of mom's baby teeth in her jar), or how much gas dog poop emits. Jeff at work did that project with his kid and they got the prize. It blew up a balloon!!
I did my science fair project on the effectiveness of baking powder. I wrote a letter to ClabberGirl Baking Powder company and asked them all sorts of questions. They wrote back with all my answers. Then I baked 2 cakes with and without Baking powder and had samples for the people to taste.
Just some advice on the whole binky thing - come let Rosco chew the nips off, that's what happened to Livi's and she still talks about it.
Whatever works!!
Just move to Salem, Oregon and send your kids to my kids ghetto school. "Science projects? What are those? We're just happy if you can write your name by the time you advance to middle school." Seriously. The teachers are so busy trying to parent, who has time for education?
I'm liking the dog poop thing. Only you don't have a dog, so you'll have to use Reesie's daily productions for the experiment.
Okay, so mom suggested BRyant test this internet thing going around...how to make Mtn. Dew glow. It doesn't work, and we tried all sorts of things. I wouldn't suggest it, it's a last minute deal.
However, we were at the dentis right before his science project was due and was talking to the hygenist, who we've known for years now, and she told us they could give us some teeth and you could test what soda's decay teeth fastest. Gross, but really cool!
My sister has been complaining about her science fair project all week. Well, it's really her son's project, but we know who ends up doing all the work.
My condolences. Sorry I'm not scientific enough to have any suggestions.
Hey I still remember Jonas Muramotos project that won in 8th grade. He did the soda thing, but just put a small piece of ground beef in a glass and added all the different kinds of soda to see which one ate away at it fastest. Sadly, I think it was my dearest Coca Cola...
Lolly went to State with this one last year. She asked the questin "Is gum heavier before or after you chew it?" She bought a bunch of different types of gum and weighed it before and after it was chewed to determine when it was heavier. Nothing like chewed gum all over a tri-fold board!!!
And Brady had us all stick q-tips up our nose two weeks ago and he is trying to watch bacteria grow. The highlight for him? My Dad had a nosebleed earlier in the day. I know, DISGUSTING!!! But totally awesome for an 8-year old boy.
Post a Comment