Hooray, I made it to the district Science Fair! Um, I mean Taylor made it to the district Science Fair! We all know who ends up doing the majority of the work right?
I'm just glad to have it over with. We had originally decided to do a test on different germ killers, but after paying $28 to have petri dishes rush delivered, we found out that growing bacteria or mold would get her disqualified. We had to scrounge up a last minute project, but it ended up being very interesting. She did a study on right and left handed people, and if people tend to use the same sides of their bodies for most tasks (kicking and throwing a ball, looking through a tellescope, listening to something... you get the picture). She learned alot about how our brains work, and that no one knows what makes us right or left handed. Taylor actually designed most of the board too. I just bought some supplies, printed up the information, and she decided how to display it all. I think that she did a pretty good job. The fair was for 3rd and 4th graders, and only 2 girls from her grade moved on.
Way to go Tay!!
On a side note, I'm getting ready to post Reese on KSL classifieds but I thought that I would see if anyone that we know would be interested first. Anyone, anyone? She's been cutting her 4 canine teeth, and has had a crappy cold for a week now. Besides waking up every 45 minutes, and not wanting to eat anything, she's not too bad. Call me if interested!
DJ and I need a vacation from kids! Oh wait, we don't have anyone to babysit. Maybe if we just left some food, Tay could hold down the fort for a few days? We'll just tell her not to go anywhere or answer the door.
Oh, and one more thing... if anyone happened to see me standing out on 27th west with a cop and a little boy half dressed, I wasn't getting pulled over and having my kid taken away. DJ was on his way to work and noticed a 4 yr old boy all alone walking down the busy street. He didn't want people to think that he was kidnapping him, so he called me and asked to go and "rescue" him.
When I found him he told me that he was going to the store to buy some gum. He was wearing pajama shorts, moon boots, and a tiny little sweatshirt. He had 2 nickles in his hand and he told me that he snuck out while his Mom was doing work. He told me that his phone number was 10002387300..... I didn't want to scare him by putting him in my car, and I wasn't sure if he could find his house, so I called the police. When the officer got there, I suggested that he just try to drive him home, but he didn't have a booster seat in his car. I lent him an extra booster that I happened to have in my car, so I'm sure that traffic driving by thought that I was handing over my kid and his car seat.
When the officer returned the seat, he told me that his Mom didn't even know that he was missing. She had put him down for a nap and he snuck out. She thought that he was still in his room sleeping. He had walked more than a half of a mile, and the cop said that he had to take several turns to get to the boys house. Pretty smart kid to be able to find his house!
So, parents beware... if your kid is being too quiet, you better go check on them.
9 comments:
1) Congrats on the project, you did a great job!
2) I do not want anymore kids, go ahead and sell Reese, let me know how it goes, how long it takes, how much you get for her, ect.
3) I would gladly watch your kids so you can go out of town, my limit is 12 hours....so maybe you can go to Provo!
4) You are a superhero....hope my kids never wander, but if they do, so nice to know WONDERGINGER lives close by!
I can't believe how grown-up Taylor looks, especially in her glasses!
McGruff and Dog strike again huh? You guys are always saving the day :)
Good job Tay!
You should have had Taylor "test" Brian, he's semi-ambidextrous (or however you spell that). He dribbles with his left but shoots with his right. Good job TAY!
So sad about that little boy. I am glad you were able to help him out. Seriously McGruff, you always get the good stuff happening to you. I just get to call the cops on people getting beat on the side of the road.
DJ and Ginger - The Crime Fighting Burb Duo. That would look great on business cards. Hey, maybe Tay's project should have been titled, "How Safe is YOUR Neighborhood? The Results COULD Suprise You." Move over Ann Curry and Dateline.
Sarah's a south-paw, but does lots of other things with her right hand and foot. She was batting right handed, and I asked her if that felt more natural than the other way. She said, "I'm just really bad BOTH ways!"
I need an athletic kid. If Reese shoes signs or athleticism, send her my way. Otherwise, don't bother unless it's a boy.
Good job Ginger..oops, Taylor! :)
Basically I was going to say everything Kristin said! I LOVE Taylor...she is a sweetheart! AND-I Love Reese, and you cannot post her on KSL, nobody could afford her cause she's worth so darn much! AND- that poor little boy! It's so lucky you guys found him. Wow-- stopping a home invasion and finding a lost boy all within a few months...VERY IMPRESSIVE!!! :-)
p.s. Are you on Facebook? You should see all the Ginger Lewis's on there!!!
Oh my heavens ... I hadn't heard the story about the little boy. Congrats to you and Tay on a job well done with the science fair project. Keep me posted how she does at District. Love You!
Post a Comment