Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ginny Turns 5 !

Here are just a few of my favorite pictures of Ginny... Her first photo taken with Mom
Here's Ginny with her sweet "granny walker". Her little license plate says "Pimp My Ride". I don't think that her therapist got it, he didn't laugh.


Here she is on her first birthday. I'm just glad that her big noggin didn't show up until after she was born!


Here's Ginny after she tried to draw a mustache on her face. She had seen her 10 year old cousin Bryant draw one on his face, so she thought that she would give it a try!


What can I say about our Ginny? First of all, I can't believe that she's 5 already. I always say that, but it's always true. Here are a few of the reasons why I adore Ginny so much:



  1. She is SO easy to get along with
  2. Just like me, she is always up for an adventure. She doesn't have to question every little detail about what we're doing, she just goes along with anything, and has fun doing it. We make a great team.
  3. This kid is so easy to please and she loves everything. If you take her to the store and ask her what she wants, she can't decide because she loves everything.
  4. You can tease her about anything and she will laugh right along with you.
  5. Every day when I go to brush her teeth, she has to give me a big hug first.
  6. She loves her sisters to death.
  7. She has mastered the art of "kissing up". She will go far in life with this skill. (I love hearing how beautiful and kind she thinks I am... who doesn't?)
  8. Ginny is always so quick to help me with things.
  9. She will share anything with anybody. (if your kid leaves my house with a treasure, they didn't steal it, Ginny gave it to them)
  10. What's not to love about this kid?
5 is old enough to drink, right? It looks like she went a little overboard though!

Birthday morning, waiting to open up her presents


Posing for her "5" picture

Here she is enjoying her oreo shake after dinner.
Ginny was so excited that she got to go to school on her birthday. She got a pink birthday crown and got to bring some bubbles and slinky's to share with her friends.
After her Dad got home from work we took her to see "Monster's VS Aliens" and went to RedRobin for dinner. She of course shared her birthday shake with us, and was happy to finally turn 5. We love you Ginny! Even though I will miss you a ton when you go to kindergarten, I still can't wait for August 4th!








9 comments:

Natalie said...

I love that Ginny. She makes me smile just from thinking of her. I'm glad she finally turned 5. It seems like she should be older - like she's been around forever. I'm so glad she reminds me of Kate - naturally optimistic and quick to smile.

Melinda said...

I love it when Ginny comes over. She's so funny. The other day she let me know that it would be ok for me to give her a present because it was her birthday.

When I was hiding the eggs for the hunt this year, I heard her tell the kids she wanted to help. Instead of asking straight out, she said, "Hmm. I see you have some eggs there..."

Linda Lou said...

My favorite pic is the one of her slurping her shake. Priceless! And yes, she's everything you think she is, and then some! Love that girl!!!

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

The mustache picture is my favorite. That will be the Ginny I always remember and love the most. When I was pregnant with Addie and you guys lived with mom. She always wanted to sleep with Addie, and have Addie "come out to play wiff me." It's funny because Addie is now that same age Ginny was when I was pregnant, so it's fun to have Addie say the same things with this pregnancy that Ginny said with my 1st.

I love that Ginny-Joo Joo to death! All of your girls really, but ginny is a girl after my own heart!

Kristin said...

I could really buy her from you, I love this girl THAT much! Plus....it would be so nice to have my BFF live with me! She is a riot.....and sista, you gonna be in TROUBLE when she gets older. Sassy & Sexy are going to be a scary combination! She is great!!

Oh....and about the adoption of you into my family. No attorney's needed, we'll just do a 'spit hand shake' and call it good....that's how we Margetts do it!!

Nancy said...

Ginny is absolutely beautiful and I love her long hair!! Can you believe our girls are 5?? I remember when they were both in pre-school together and were so tiny! Isn't it funny how back then I would never get ready because I had a new baby as an excuse...oh wait a minute...

Heidi said...

Too cute!! We LOVE your blog. Your girls always look so cute. I'm so jealous!!

Sarah Lee said...

I've been lazy and not posting comments much on people's blogs, though I did look at this last week. She's such a cute girl and has such pretty hair, though I don't really think she looks like you. I'm not saying you aren't cute and that you don't have nice hair...
I think it's funny when moms say they cry when their kids go to kindergarten. Are you kidding me, i count it down! Well, honestly kindergarten is really just another year of preschool... it's 1st grade that's the real treat. I can't wait for next year!

Sam said...

Ginny and Parker need to get together sometime, seriously.