Monday, May 4, 2009

Sacrament Coke and 10 Minute Prayers

Here is Ginny's dinner prayer the other night...
(keep in mind it's DINNER prayer)
Dear Heavenly Father, we thank thee for this food.
Please help us grow healthy and strong.
Bless Brayden and BrieAnn that they will be safe (aunt and uncle missionaries).
Bless Daddy that he will be safe at work.
Bless Tay that she will be safe at school tomorrow, and me too.
Please bless all of the animals in the whole world.
Bless us that we won't get the swine flu.
Bless all of the people in the world who don't have swine flu, that they won't get it.
Please bless everyone that has the swine flu, that they will get better.
And we say these things.....
Taylor and I were trying our hardest not to laugh! Reese just got sick of folding her arms, so she started in on her food. Boy, that Ginny cracks me up!
So then at church yesterday, Reese sees that the deacons are passing around the sacrament water, so she yells out, "Coke Please!"
Reese knows 3 drinks; milk, wa-wa (water), and coke.
Hey, at least she drinks milk. She's the only one in the family that drinks "white milk".
Don't forget that she also said please.
Funny kids!

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hmmm...kind of reminds of how you would say REALLY long prayers when you knew that Reese (big, hairy one) was starving!
Too funny about the Coke, though...that Reese (cute, dainty one) cracks me up!

Natalie said...

Ha! That's funny. About 6 months ago in sacrament meeting, after Kate took the water, she said (loudly, of course), "Ahhh! Tastes just like coffee!"

Glad to see that Ginny likes to pray. That's a good thing, even though it was a little "Zella-ish."

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

I would say so! You do have a mini Zella on your hands. There is this 1 lady in our ward that I swear, I am going to strangle the exec. secretary if he continues to ask her to pray. Addie is great all sacrament meeting long until the closing song and prayer, she loses it and it's all we can do to contain her. Then this lady gets up to pray and I kid you not, her prayer went over 5 minutes long! I timed it. I was so stinkin' ticked off. I swear if swine flu has been prevalent when she prayed, she would have had an identical prayer to Ginny's. Seriously, keep it under a minute, no more than 2.

Sarah Lee said...

too funny. At least she didn't go with the coffee comment... seriously Natalie's girls just might end up smokin', drinkin' and being featured on cops!
BOO to long prayees (as in the person praying) he he.

Kristin said...

I am so torn now...I've always considered Ginny my BFF, but now with Reese getting older (and so very much wiser), I might have to switch and be BFF's with her. I mean come on, haven't I been saying forever that sacrament meeting would be so much nicer if we could bring a cherry coke, I would still be very reverent. And obviously Reese feels the same....love those girls of yours, well, and you too!

Nancy said...

I love the pic of Reese enjoying a Coke and a smile. She is too cute. Ginny's prayer was so thoughtful and funny - it would have been hard to keep a straight face. My kids keep prayers short...usually because they have already started chowing down when the prayer police (Ashley) pipes up.

Anonymous said...

That Ginny is so funny. :)

Richelle said...

I love Ginny...that is an AWESOME prayer!!! One time Landon was praying and blessed President Hinckley (after he had died) that he would be able to visit with Heavenly Father while he is up in Heaven. We were holding back the laughs on that one too! I sure love these sweet kids ;-)

Melinda said...

Thank Ginny for me. I really didn't want to get swine flu, it's good to know I'm covered.