DJ had a long weekend over Mother's Day, so we decided to head down to St George for 4 days. We had so much fun that I'm declaring it a new family tradition. I'm not a big fan of the holiday, it's really kind of silly. If getting flowers and a present 1 day a year keeps you going for the other 364 days a year, then enjoy your day. If you don't know that your kids love you, then maybe it's because you're a crappy Mom and you need to work on that (haha).
My sister put it best when she said that we should rename the day "Pretend you're not a Mom " day. I think that the only way to truly accomplish that is to send dad AWAY with the kids so that you don't come home to a trashed house. Or I guess that going out of town works too since you don't have all of the housework to worry about.
That said, anyone who knows my mom knows that I have the BEST MOM EVER!! Some of you may argue that, but again, if you know her, you know that it's the truth. I often find myself feeling sorry for my kids because I will never be as great as my mom, but I just have to remember that they get to have the best GRANDMA ever. (Although my Grandma Ginger may be tied with her). Sorry that I missed you on Sunday Mom, but we had such a good time. Maybe you can come with us next year.
Anyway, we basically spent 4 days applying sunscreen to the kids, splashing in the pool, playing at different parks (Reese's favorite), barbequeing steak and shrimp, reading, eating at In N Out (mmmm, double-double's), and enjoying being together.
Here's Tay taking a break from playing tag.
Reese playing "Shamu" with Dad

Reese is definatley my girl!
Ginny playing at the playground in her swim cover up. She kept wanting to go back and forth between the playground and the pool.I am one lucky Mom to have such fun kids, and a hilarious husband. I loved just hanging out with them, and can't wait until next year! (Okay, maybe we'll have to go again sooner).
I have to admit that I had a good chuckle thinking of all of the other Mom's who spent the weekend cooking and cleaning for their "Mother's Day Celebrations".
Yes, I'm mean.... Happy Mother's Day!!
5 comments:
That sounds fun! I agree with you - I should send Neal away with the girls next mother's day. I'll stay here and the house will stay clean, and I'll watch movies and eat doritos.
Reese cracks me up with the coke. Truely trashy.
What a great tradition to start, you may be on to something...it looks like you guys had a great time!
Luckily MD fell on a Sunday, so Dave was around to sort of wait on me...breakfast, lunch, and then it was business as usual. It was still nice though.
hey, i like presents! what can I say. But St. George sounds pretty good too!
You go girl!!! If our Mom's don't know that we love them 364 days a year, then one day giving a gift they don't need, and probably didn't like, sure isn't going to change things!!! Glad you had a fun time.
Sounds like fun :) Chris took the boys out for the day on Saturday so I could have a day to do whatever I want. I have to say this for Mother's Day, at least it was a reminder to do something completely unselfish for me :) I LOVED it.
Post a Comment