

Ginny and Addison are quite the little team. Addie is my niece (who won't look at the camera), and she has been coming to our house to play. Every morning, Ginny sits in the living room chair, waiting for their car to pull up. Addie loves to be big like Ginny, and I am always catching Ginny teaching her to do things she shouldn't (jumping off of the stairs... Ginny jumps from 2 stairs up, but is always coaxing Addie to try 3 or 4).
Well, last night I get a call from my sister, asking me if the girls had been playing with beads. I wasn't aware of any, but my house is full of them. We have numerous kits that contain beads and plenty of bead necklaces have been brought home from preschool, so it was definatley a possibility. It turns out, Addie had a bead stuck in her nose, and one in her pocket. I wasn't home at the time, so I called home to question the girls down, and to make sure that there were not any beads laying around.
Well, it turns out that it wasn't a bead, it was a chunk of an eraser that Addie had been playing with a few days earlier. I had been feeling guilty that she had done that on my watch, so I was a bit relieved that it had happened at her house (don't feel bad Laurel, it happens to the best of us).
Well, I was almost home when I get a call from Taylor informing me that Ginny had just stuck a bead up HER nose. She told Tay that she wanted to see what it had felt like for Addie.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
I found it hilarious, but only because Ginny wasn't the one stuck up at Primary Children's Hospital until midnight, being sedated and tied to the table while 4 adults had to get the thing out. Lucky for us, we were able to plug Ginny's nose and have her blow it out.
Pretty crazy, especially since we had started that day out with Taylor getting the inside of HER nose cauterized, to stop her constant bloody noses.
Well, I'm glad that all of the noses are taken care of and that we won't be dealing with 2 or 3 bloody noses a day.
Why do I get the feeling that I will be able to write a book called "The Crazy Adventures Of Addie and Ginny" ?
8 comments:
Woah, watch out. Ginny's antics are only just beginning. I forsee a school year or two when Ginny will be sent up to Oregon to rehabilitate with her aunts family. I'll prepare myself now.
Can I have her?? Don't you love telling a story, and laughing as you do...but were so angry at the time? I'm afraid you have many of those stories ahead of you. I count my blessings every day that she is my BFF!
That is so funny! Oh my gosh, I love the logic that kids have. Sounds like we need to hang with Ginny. She and my boys would have a blast! I'm so glad you got Taylor's bloody noses taken care of. I remember the bloody nose she got when we were camping with you in Heber a few years ago. That thing was crazy! Ever since Sam got his nose cauterized he hasn't had a single bloody nose, that was like 9 years ago!
A TALE OF TWO NOSES, right? I am so sorry I worried you and you felt bad. That was NEVER my intention. I would never blame or hold a grudge against anyone. You are the best and Addison loves to come over to your house. Even if it had been done at your house, I still wouldn't have cared. Kids do crazy things no matter where they're at, and you can't feel bad about it.
I love you and I'm SO, SO, SSSSOOOOO sorry Ginny then commenced to stick a bead in her nose. We felt so bad. But, those 2 are hilarious and I am sure that we will have many more hilarious stories to come from those 2.
Trisha's little girl Charlotte did the same thing at my house when I used to babysit her. They also had to take her to the Doc and had to hold her down and torture her to get it out.
My sister Susan put a bean up there when she was little and my mom couldn't figure out why she started to stink. The bean had even started to sprout! ha ha ha.
Maybe i'm glad my kids have just chopped off their hair?
That is so funny. I love Ginny to bits. It would be so hard not to laugh about that.
Oh my goodness! That is the funniest story! :)
My little Sam just stuffed one up his nose two days ago....luckily it had a hole in the middle so i could retrieve it with tweezers. what dorks.....why do people put anything in their nose, besides their finger?
Post a Comment