Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fastforward 2 Weeks...

Yah, I'm not sure what all of the crying was about... Kindergarten rocks!!
I'm now trying to figure out a way to get Ginny enrolled in morning kindy-garten as well, maybe try a different school. Would anyone even know?
That would be sweet!
I wish that I could say that my house is now spotless and that my 10 million sewing projects are done, but they're not. In fact, instead of cleaning my disgusting showers today, I went and bought 3 more projects to sew.
Speaking of projects, Reese LOVES blankets, especially the minky ones.
She has a few already, but there was one that I never got around to sewing before she was born.
I came across the fabric in the basement the other day, and brought it upstairs. I figured that
I could make it for my friend who just had a baby. Reese had other plans... she took one look at that fabric and immediately smothered her face in it. She then spread it out on the floor, layed down and watched a whole episode of Sesame Street on it (which is rare for her).
She has since been sleeping with this big peice of fabric for the past week.
Well today she napped early, so when the other kiddos were at school, Reese and I hit the fabric store. She spotted the big bolts of minky behind the counter right away, and ran back to hug the fabric and smear her face all over it. Good thing her nose wasn't snotty. It cracks me up that she can spot that kind of fabric right away... I love that kid!
Reese is either my best friend, or a huge pain in the butt.
I guess that she takes after her name sake, my little brother... hahaha!
I wonder if Reese could pass for a 5 year old. Maybe I could just tell the school that she's delayed a bit, and enroll her in kindergarten as well. They have special needs classes at our school, she could even ride the short bus.
Does anyone know how to make fake birth certificates?

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Didn't take long to get over it :)

I've decided I don't want to sew anymore. I gave up on the curtains and just bought some. I just couldn't get myself to finish.

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

you're not supposed to have a million sewing projects Ginger. What are you sewing? Halloween already?

You can send her to Jostens with me, Addison would love it!

Natalie said...

You crack me up! I was a little surprised at how sad you were to send Gingy off the k-g. Now I feel like I have the old Ginger back.

What is minky fabric? Whatever it is, I love that Reese has an eye for it. Instead of saying, "Mom! Can we got to the park?" she'll say, "Mom! can we go to the fabric store?" Definitely NOT my kid.