Weird post title, I know, let me explain.... we went camping this last thursday up by Tony Grove. Tony Grove is up Logan Canyon, and not too far from Bear Lake. For some reason, there are cows roaming all over The Cache National Forrest. They belong to someone because they are tagged, but it just seems like a weird place for them. At our campsite, there was a log fence just a few yards behind our tent and the cows would just graze through the trees. The girls loved it and they didn't stink, so no big deal.
Well sleeping in a tent with Reese kind of bugged because she sucks on her binky ALL NIGHT. All night long..... suck, suck, suck. We nicknamed her Maggie Simpson. On the drive home, she fell alseep without her binky so I asked DJ if we should just take it away and tell her that we left it camping. We decided to do it, so when she woke up I told her that we left it behind. I wasn't sure if she understood what I was telling her, so I finally just told her that the cows took it. I was dreading putting her to bed that night, but when the time came she just kept saying, "Cows, bink gone." She went to bed without a peep. Nap time today, no complaints. Bed time tonight, no complaints. I am completely shocked, and I think that I can say that the binky is officially gone... Yay!! I know it's pathetic that she's about to turn 2 and still had one, but I have been a pushover/slacker mom. Now if Reese ends up hating cows, we'll know why. She does love steak and hamburger, maybe when she finds out where they come from, she will love them even more.
More on our trip...
We went and got Aggie ice cream at the USU creamery... yummy! Reese didn't want what we all had and kept saying that she wanted the yellow ice cream, so we went back and got her a lemon custard shake. She was as happy as can be eating a huge shake by herself. That was our lunch.

We took the girls swimming at Bear Lake and had a blast. When we were getting ready to leave, I stripped Reese down to get her dressed and she took off to the lake, completely naked. That girl can run FAST!!!We were up there with my parents but their dog wasn't allowed on the beach, so we ditched them to go swim. Ginny had the idea to dress the dog in clothes so that we could sneak him there. Good idea Ginny!



We then went up to the caves by Bear Lake. It was so much fun! None of them had been in a cave before, including DJ, so it was a new adventure for them. There are 444 stairs leading into the caves, then you have to take them back out. Ginny was a little slow at times, but they did great. The guide warned DJ to duck in some areas so that he wouldn't scrape Reese's head. They were fine on the way into the caves, but coming out I heard a scraping noise and looked up in time to see Reese scraping her head along the cave. It was so sad. She had little bits of rock and mineral deposits in her hair, but luckily just a little scrape. They told us that if we touched the rock, it would die and stop growing. I guess Reese broke the rules. When we got all the way into the cave, they turned out the lights. It was pretty freaky! It was so dark that you couldn't even see your hand in front of your face. They told us that if you stayed in there for 2 weeks, you would first go blind, then you would go crazy. Luckily we only saw 2 bats in there. During the winter they estimate that there are over 10,000 that hibernate in there... scary!
We had a great trip and can't wait to go back. Next time DJ will be sure to duck I'm sure.
8 comments:
Loved the beach pictures, especially the naked one! That was a fun trip. Wish we could have gone swimming with you and the Dieter dog!
I just LOVE that you put floppy sun hats on your girls. That's a hard-and-fast rule at our house--Maya doesn't go into the sun without it.
Now I can tell her that I'm not the only mean mom in the world!
Memory title: The summer Reese had her binky stolen by cows and the cave was killed by her head. Great memories!! Now when I watch the Simpson's every night at 7:30, I will think of Reese sucking her binky all night long. That would be annoying.
Fun camping trip! I can't beleive D.J. has never been to a cave, except for when he picks his nose. No Timpanogos caves? That needs to be your next trip. It's a great workout! Minatonka caves are fun too.
Now I know how to get rid of Crew's binky because that this is going nowhere anytime soon! Give it to the cows... I never would have thought of that on my own, but we will have to try it!
I can't believe it was that easy to lose the binky. I love how trusting little kids are. You can lie to them about anything and they always believe you ;)
What a fun trip! That's funny about the binky, maybe I should have tried that on Addison - like 1 year ago?? We're down to here just stealing it once in awhile, so at least it's progress.
What is it about kids and being naked? They just seem to genuinely LOVE it and it's so funny to me. Addison saw the pic and said "mom, look she showing her bum". Funny.
Looks like you guys had a great time!
The seagulls took Nathan's binky on our trip to Cali. It worked until he found one that had been lost under the couch. It was like a crack addict, he went crazy. Hope Reese has an easier time. Looks like a fun vacation.
Looks like such a fun trip! Isn't it amazing that so many things can steal Binkies? Mikayla's was stolen by the Doctor while we were there for a check-up! Darn Doctor!!!! I love that you take naked pictures of your girls...they're really going to appreciate that one day! ;-) Glad you guys had a good time!
Post a Comment