Tuesday, September 15, 2009

So Easily Fooled...


I decided a long time ago, that if I am ever going to have any problems with one of my kids, it is going to be Ginny. We have our first kid, who has always been so obedient and desires to do what is right. Then there's Ginny.
Tay LOVED school and couldn't wait to go. Ginny loves school too, but not until she is there. She is in afternoon school, so she gets to play all morning, then has to stop what she's doing to go to school. She complains the whole way there. Every day she asks if she can please stay home. I finally started telling her that she could skip school on Saturday's. Since this kid is NOT Taylor, this little trick works. Every Saturday she is so giddy that she gets to "miss" school. I of course have to let Taylor stay home too (wink, wink). Hopefully no one reveals to her that she is being played by her mother.
Speaking of being played.... Ginny has been telling little lies lately. She is fine doing this, until she gets caught, then the guilt is written all over her face. Unfortunately, she acts like every punishment we give her is no big deal (extremely frustrating).
Well, i caught her in a string of lies today, so I started giving her the "You're not choosing the right, and Heavenly Father is sad, and Satan is happy " lecture. At this point, she was pretty upset that she had been caught telling lies. She then responded by saying, "Mom, Satan was just playing me, all right."
How do you NOT laugh when your 5 year old says this?
On the flip side, you will not find a more entertaining, hilarious kid. EVERYONE loves Ginny, and she's hard to get mad at sometimes. She looks at you with those huge eyes, and you can't stay mad at her. Gotta love the little stinker!!

5 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

I used to feel that way about going to work at Reams. Oh except i didnt like it when I was there either and i didnt get to "skip" saturday.

Natalie said...

Reams. . . ahhhhh.

Kate and Ginny were separated at birth. They were siamese twins in the spirit world, flipped a coin, and one came to you, one to me.

As Kate grows, my prayers are steadily getting more sincere.

Kristin said...

Can I have her please???

The thing is, if you let her live with me, or at least let me claim her as mine, I can get you a discount on 'bootcamp for kids'. Cause Ellie will be there first, Ginny can follow!

Love that girl!!

Nancy said...

Okay, she's hilarious and you can't possibly discipline her with a straight face! What a nut. Too bad about the afternoon kindergarten, I've got Nat in morning and she's becoming a major couch potato for lack of having ANY friends around!! I miss all-day school for her!! :(

Sarah Lee said...

want to know what's even funnier? I thought you said "Santa is happy" I was like "what?" I thought maybe you were starting to talk about the whole "be good cuz santa is watching" bit. But then i still couldn't figure out why Santa would be happy. I'm a moron,

She sounds funny, but i know what you mean. Last year faye did dance and she hated going every week, but once I picked her up it was all "that was so fun mom". I was done, no dance this year, she is now doing choir at school, which works out great becuase it's right after school so there's no getting out of it!