Monday, October 12, 2009

It's Been A While...

I haven't posted for a while, and here is why...


I HATE COMPUTERS!!!!
(technology for that matter)
I know, it sounds harsh, but let me explain. A while back I spent HOURS organizing about 3000 pictures into different files (Summer '09 etc.) I was going to burn them to disks, but hadn't gotten around to it. We bought a new computer, so I just figured I would transfer the pictures over to the new computer, then put them on disks (faster computer). Before I could, our old computer got a virus. CRAP!! I was still able to copy them to one of those memory stick thingies, and transfer them over. This only took a couple of hours. The problem is that now they are all just lumped together in random order. If you want to find a picture, you have to scroll through 3000 of them... ugh.
To add to that, we went to Lost Vegas (Ginny calls it that) over our anniversary and Reese's birthday. We didn't grab the most important bag when we left. The one that had the snacks, coke, and our cameras. Normally I would say "Oh well" (Las Vegas totally sucks anyway), but we were going to be there over Reese's 2nd birthday .
*see post below*
So, we swung by Best Buy in St George, 5 minutes before closing. We bought a digital video camera that also takes pictures. We were still using our huge one from 10 years ago. It still worked perfectly, so I couldn't justify buying a new one. Anyway, all of our pictures from Reese's birthday and our trip, are saved in the program that we had to download onto our computer. The problem with that, is that I can't figure out how to transfer those pictures to my picture file. To top it all off, the video camera pictures are kind of fuzzy, AND I thought that you could turn the camera side ways while filming. Now half of those videos play sideways. Why would the camera flip the image while filming, but not store it that way?
Yes, maybe I am mildly retarded, BUT STILL!
So, that is why I haven't been posting.
Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better (kind of).

3 comments:

Sarah Lee said...

I am with you! It's so frustrating. Hope your didn't get Lost in Vegas... yep, i'm a geek! I also think Vegas is pretty lame... I guess if I was into flushing money down a toilet, naked ladies and booze I might think differently.

White Family said...

Our digital video camera is the exact same way, and my still pics turned out the same way as well. The program I downloaded took forever to figure out and I ended up loosing a bunch of pics. I can totally relate!!! I don't download most of my videos because it's a pain to figure out and I don't do it enough to remember how to every time! BOOOOO!

Melinda said...

I've got at least a dozen mini DV tapes from our video camera that need to go on DVDs. I haven't done it because the movie making software I bought not only didn't work, but their tech support guy managed to walk me through frying the disc drives and fire wire port on my perfectly working computer. Then I still had to put up a huge fit to get the company to refund my money.