Well, she's amazing. So amazing, that I was named after her. I think that my parents were hoping that I would turn out to be just as great... sorry to dissapoint you Mom and Dad!
Well, I was blessed to have her in my life for 31 1/2 happy years.
My Grandma could do anything! She could bake the most wonderful desserts and breads, all without a recipe. She could take just about any boring item and turn it into something beautiful. When I was little, she crocheted a pair of leg warmers and a matching bag for me... I thought I was the stuff going back to school after Christmas break. She taught my girls how to make the most beautiful paper dolls. She was a beautiful writer and story teller. All though she grew up a city girl, she went on to help run a ranch in the middle of Montana, without electricity or running water. Later in her life, she went on to serve a mission with my Grandpa in Sau Paulo, Brazil. This meant that she had to learn to speak Portuguese, even though she was in her 60's. My Grandpa used to tell us that she could shoot a gun better than any man he knew.
All this, and she also raised 6 kids.
4 years ago, my Grandma was told that she had lung cancer and only had a couple of months to live. Well, a couple of months was not enough for her so she decided that she was going to stick around for a few more years... so she did.
My Grandma Ginger passed away peacefully on Christmas morning. I was able to see her the night before and tell her goodbye. It was such a sacred experience.
Although I will miss her terribly, I am so happy to have had such an amazing women in my life. I went away from her funeral wanting to be a better person and to try to live up to her name. I hope that my girls will remember her and her amazing strength.
I can't wait until the day I get to see her again (well, maybe I can wait about 50 or 60 years). I am going to miss her!
10 comments:
Your husband and child made me cry even harder! That was an awesome funeral. She was an awesome grandma. And it was awesome to see you and every one else. Awesome. Totally.
What a blessing to have known such a good woman. I'm sorry for you loss.
Ginger, you're more like my mother than you realize. You've got many talents that she has and you use them to serve and bless others. I'm so proud that I named you after her because you do her name proud. I'm so thankful that you took such good are of her and Dad while you lived with us. You got to know her better than you'd ever known her before, and love her better than you'd ever loved her before too. I'm thankful that I have a beautiful daughter who takes after her grandma in many ways and carry on her name proudly. I love you! -- Mom
I am so sorry to hear about your loss girl... What an amazing legacy she leaves behind. Are you ok? Do you need anything?
Isn't it such a blessing to have had your grandma in your life for this long. Grandma's are the best!
And you...well you are amazing, and I feel blessed to know you. I bet she is the proudest grandma ever.
Ginger, I'm sure she was very proud of you and she knows that you love her by how kindly and patiently you took care of her for so long. I'm so sorry that you're sad and miss her. :(
Sarah
Sorry for your loss. She was a sweet lady and will be missed.
I'm so sorry for your loss! She sounds like an amazing lady-- and you surely inherited many of those traits!!! Isn't it a blessing to know people like this in your lifetime?!
grandmas are great!
That was the best viewing. Talk about celebrating a life!!! It sounds like the funeral was outstanding too!
Post a Comment