If you ever come over to our house and see Reese carrying around a big white mixing bowl, let me explain what that is. It's her barf bowl. She got the stomache flu several months ago, and we have a "barf bowl" that we use (don't worry, we won't show up to a potluck with this bowl... we keep it in the bathroom cupboard).
- Her heat pack that her aunt gave her for Christmas (I guess if she was in an emergency situation, she could eat the dried corn inside)
- Lipgloss (a must in any survival kit)
- Purple exam gloves from the ENT Doctor (usually she is seen wearing these, while carrying the bowl)
- A Hello Kitty flashlight
- A miniature gift bag (?)
- Sunglasses
- Her Charm bracelet
- Her potty watch (in case she forgets that she has to pee)
- And her favorite, a pocket sized German dictionary
I have to say that the German Dictionary is my favorite too. She will sit and "read" that thing for 15 minutes at a time. I won't be surprised when she breaks out in German one day. In fact, she's probabably already speaking it. I can't understand half of what she says. Just this morning she was frantic about something. I finally realized that she was saying, "I can't find my baby German book, it's lost. Help me look mom." We finally found it, and it was promptly put back into the barf bowl.
In other news, she WAS potty trained, then decided she wasn't. Luckily, I hadn't made the transition to underwear yet, so my carpets aren't yellow. She kept saying that she was a baby, not a big girl and even took to crawling occasionally. I finally got out her underwear the other day and told her that if she goes pee or poo in them, that I will give them to Chucky. So far this has done the trick... not a single accident. She has even survived grocery shopping at Walmart. She did inform me yesterday, that Chucky doesn't have a butt, so he can't wear her undies. Smart kid, considering Chucky is just a mask, so he technically does not have a butt.
That Chucky mask is golden... best $2.50 I've ever spent.
8 comments:
I LOVE that you threatened her with Chucky. You are my mothering hero! This is SO something I would do...glad we're on the same page. Also love the barf bowl...we all have one!
Is Reese a future hoarder? She's emotionally attached to the barf bowl because it once contained a piece of her.
Neal has that same german dictionary. Abby had it out just a couple of days ago.
And I still think the chuckie mask is so funny. With us, it was Barlow. With your kids, it's the chucky mask.
That is so cute. I love that age. Hayden used his trick or treat pumpkin the same way -- but we didn't have surgical gloves so he settled for my dish gloves.
Matt doesn't take any threat seriously. I might have to pick up a chucky mask :)
She is so cute - and I'm proud to say two things in the bowl are from Aunt Angie. I'm proud also that I'm not the only one who owns a barf bowl - although Boyd wrote "barf bowl" on the side in permanent marker so there's no mistaking when it does show up at the family potluck!!
By the way, Chuckie is GENIOUS! I can't believe I didn't think of something like that when my kids were little - it would have totally worked. Bryant said when we were leaving on Saturday he asked Reese for a hug, and she wouldn't until he told her Chuckie might come if she didn't give him a hug goodby. He thought it was hilarious!
I meant goodbye not goodby!
maybe i'll need to start saying i'm going to make Phoebe watch Chucky if she doesn't use the potty. I turned it on Netflix a couple weeks ago and it was freaking them out! Sean said I was rude and turned it off, what a wimp.
Daphne is our packrat, and we call her the "BagLady". She is always carting around a pirates bootie of crap!
I luv little panty bums!
I love it. Her and Cole are meant to be soul mates apparently. He has his bucket of "things" that he carries everywhere. Batteries, little deodorants. If it is small enough to fit in there, it goes in the bucket.
Also, can I borrow the chucky mask sometime? I need to whip my kids into shape and nothing seems to be working! Maybe that will help!
THAT IS AWESOME!!!!
Post a Comment