Friday, April 16, 2010

Fancy Nancy 6 Year Old

Ginny's Birthday FINALLY arrived!!
She'd been planning her 6th Birthday Party for about 10 or 11 months, so I was happy to see the day finally come (maybe we will get a break from birthday talk for a month or two).
I told her we would plan her party on her actual birthday, then surprised her a few days early. DJ picked her up from school and surprised her with some "Fancy Nancy" dress ups. He told her to change in the car so she could surprise me when she got home. Unfortunately, I had changed into my fancy clothes and left my phone in my pants, up in my closet, so I didn't get the call warning us that she was coming home. So instead, Ginny surprised us by just walking in the front door.
Even though the surprise part didn't work out as planned, Ginny said that it was the best party ever... except I forgot confetti and "one of those things that you whack with a stick". Maybe next year!All of her friends dressed in their fancy clothes.
It was the perfect "girl" party. We painted nails, did glittery makeup, made fancy purses, and then the girls got to go shopping at my fancy store for their party favors. What more can a six year old girl ask for? (except confetti and a pinata)





Bright and early on her actual birthday...
Her surprise party reminded me of my 8th birthday.
My Mom planned a surprise party for me, and she put my neighbor/sister from another mother, Becky, in charge of handing out my invitations. Becky was so excited that she was totally obvious about handing out the invites. She asked me who my friends were, then made me hide behind an umbrella while she passed them out. I knew something was up so I asked my best friend Kim what was going on. Of course she told me about the party but made me promise not to tell (girls can't keep secrets). So when the big day finally came, everyone yelled "Surprise", and even though it wasn't a surprise I totally started crying. Funny, considering I'm don't cry too often.... DJ's the family softy.
So anyway, Happy Birthday to my hilarious, funny, crazy 6 year old whom I love to death!!!!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Hope my best friend had a wonderful birthday! She is so dang cute! I can't believe how big she is getting...trouble is on the way!

Hendricksonblog said...

how did you forget the pinata? im soo disappointed. You could have had it stuffed with diamonds. There's always next year.
can i come over and you can paint my nails. I cant not get it on the sides of my fingers.

Richelle said...

Who the heck is the comment before me?? =))That is so funny!

I SOOOOO miss those fun 'girly' parties! Enjoy each and every one of them because before you know it-- all they'll want to do is watch a movie and eat pizza...and...invite boys!

p.s. How was Hawaii? I'll watch for your blog post!