Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just Call Me Barbara K

If I had to make a list of things that really suck, cleaning bathrooms would probably be at the top. More specifically, cleaning tubs/showers. You clean them, then turn around and get them dirty again. Well, just when I thought that chore couldn't get any worse, Tay decides to start practicing the recorder while I was cleaning the bathroom. Please kill me now. That instrument needs to be banned from elementary schools. What an awful noise those things make. I had to bite my tongue and suffer in silence. After Taylor was done practicing, she came up stairs and commented on how hard it was to keep her fingers in the right place.... yah, I noticed. Later that evening she decided to practice again. Her Dad had to kindly ask her to stop due to a "headache". Hopefully her recorder skills improve quickly, or she will be forced to practice in the backyard. If the dogs in the neighborhood start howling in the afternoon, you will know that my daughter is practicing the recorder.
I never had to learn the recorder in school. DJ did though. He remembers trying to learn "Hot Cross Buns", with no success. When the time came for the class to perform for the school, his teacher told him that he had to pretend to play so that he wouldn't mess up the other kids. The same thing happened when his class learned the ukalele. I guess Tay got her recorder skills from her Dad (funny since she is learning the piano so quickly).
Now on to the pictures below.
We posted our van to sell on KSL. A lady was coming to test drive it, so we decided to vaccuum it out. DJ was getting under the seat, when he saw a blue ball. He reached under to grab it, when it cracked in his hand. Whoops, that's not a ball, it's an easter egg.
GROSS!!! He was ticked/totally grossed out. He couldn't believe that I had an old hard boiled egg in my car (like I knew it was there). In my defense, it didn't belong to my family. I vaguely remember one of our car pool kids having a died egg in the car. Apparently it rolled under the seat. Oooops! Good thing it was boiled. It was all covered in mold.
The next day, I found this clementine in DJ's church bag.
It was all hard and blackish.
I think we're even.

That is until I found these onions in my cold storage. I wondered why my cold storage was starting to smell like onions. I wonder how big they would have gotten.

So Basically, we are a bunch of dirty slobs. My great aunt was a messy lady. She put the show "Hoarders" to shame. I guess I got her genes. Just call me Barabara K... may she rest in peace.




In other news, we sold our van.... Booo!
I loved that van. It wasn't anything fancy, but we loved it. So for now, we are a one car family. When you see me biking to Walmart with my kids in the bike trailer, please don't laugh at the lady in the helmet, or honk your horn to scare me because I will get revenge.
I struggled with the helmet thing, but what kind of a mother would I be if I made my kids wear one and I didn't. Safety first, right?
Oh well, who needs a car when you have a Walmart down the street.
Wish me happy pedaling...

6 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

That egg looks like a dead baby bird and I couldn't blow it up to get a better peek.
Why as a culture are we so obsessed with the young. What is wrong with a nasty old rotten egg and a very wrinkly clementine?

Natalie said...

That egg is sick!!

Speaking of gross cleaning bathrooms - our new house had priors that didn't clean the bathrooms well. Add to that -- it was vacant for a year. I spend some of today changing a toilet seat. Other people's pee grime is so gag-a-licious. I still feel like I smell pee.

I remember when Tay (or Ginny) called it a luke-a-lady. So cute!

And sorry you sold your van. We're holding out on ours lasting two more years. If it dies, we'll be a one car show too.

Kristin said...

So I love that the nasty food finds turned into a competition! We do stupid stuff like that too, glad to see we're on the 'normal' list with you!
And the biking and helmet...I giggle every time I think about it! But seriously...call me, you can take my car anytime!!

Melinda said...

That egg is nasty. Come on, you knew it was there, rotting under the seat. You know you did.

Your recorder stories made me laugh. I remember playing hot cross buns too.

When I read about you cleaning bathrooms, all I could think was how jealous I am that little girls can manage to keep their pee in the pot. Cleaning my boys bathroom requires a hazmat suit. How do you miss the toilet by 4 feet? In every direction??

Karly said...

You never cease to crack me up!!!

Richelle said...

I was in the "Recorder Club" in grade 6...so I feel Taylor's pain! As a recorder 'player'- you just want to learn & get it right...all the while, driving your family insane! Poor Taylor!

And- that food is gross! Although I am impressed that you try to take FRESH fruit to church for a snack! What a healthy bunch you are!

Lastly- maybe it's a blessing to have to bike to Walmart? I think I would go there MUCH less, if that was my mode of transportation! Just think of all the money you'll save!