Well, I have finally given in to the pressure to create a blog for my family. Don't be surprised if I don't post much. Since the arrival of Baby Reese, our computer is now located at the bottom of our basement stairs. Although it is finished down there, it is freezing. Some days I have to wear my coat to check my emails, or pay bills. Maybe Santa will bring me a wireless router, then I can post from my bed or the bathroom!
Anyway, I hope you find my blog somewhat entertaining or amusing. (You are allowed to laugh with me, not at me)!!
To start, I a guess I will follow my Sisters and do 100 things about myself. Here goes nothing...
1- I am freezing right now!
2- Reese is actually napping in her crib (although I do have to keep running up 2 flights of stairs to give her a binky).
3- Maybe Reese is just trying to get me to exercise.
4- I have exercised 1 time in about 11 months.
5- If walking the mall counts as exercise, then I am an avid exerciser!
6- I am totally in shape.(Round is a shape, right)!!
7- I love pasta, I could eat it for every meal!
8- I love listening to music, however, all I seem to listen to now is Radio Disney, High School Musical, or Hannah Montana.
9- Like Angie, I LOVE watching Hannah Montana. (DJ does too, although he won't admit it)!
10- In a way, I kind of like it when DJ goes out of town. Don't get me wrong... I miss him, I just like to sleep in the middle of the bed, and have whatever I feel like having for dinner. (DJ will eat anything, I just feel bad when he has been working all day, and he gets scrambled eggs for dinner).
11- I find that I get more accomplished when DJ is gone. I guess that it is because I know that I have to do everything myself, so I don't wait for him to help out, or resent him if he doesn't.
12- I absolutely ADORE DJ! He makes me laugh about a million times a day, and we love teasing eachother.
13- Ginny also makes me laugh alot! The other day she told me that she is going to wear her Ariel goggles when she is baptized, because her eyes are a little bit allergic to water.
14- I feel bad because Taylor doesn't get away with as much as Ginny.
15- I know that Taylor is going to grow up to be whatever she wants to be.(She amazes me everyday)
16- I often worry how Ginny will turn out! (atleast she has total street smarts)!!
17- I love to have things nice, neat, and organized. Although I don't always have the motivation to get them that way.
18- If you looked in any of my closets right now, you would die!!
19- Growing up, my older siblings used to tell me that I would either end up being a hooker, or a hairdresser. This was because I am named Ginger.
20- I would actually LOVE to do hair.
21- If I did hair, I would ban bleach! Bleached hair is one the quickest ways to trash yourself. (DJ totally agrees. No matter how pretty a women is, if she bleaches her hair ... he finds her nasty)!!
22- Growing up, Sam's doll was Mr. Clumsy. I also loved all of the crazy things he made that doll do.
23- I wish that I could find a doll just like that, and give it to Sam.
24- When we were little, we didn't have any Ken Barbies. We had to make do with an old Vintage GI Joe that had real scruff, and a fuzzy buzz. All of his joints could bend, and he was missing half of an arm. He only had an old disco looking shirt, and his camoflauge poncho. We used to pretend that he was a ballerina, since he could point his feet so much!
25- We used to play out soap opera like stories with our Barbies. We were pretty bad!
26-We were too poor to afford Barbie cars, so we used to use our roller skates for cars.
27- My skates were hand me downs from Becky Bezzant.
28- My favorite Christmas was the year that Bezzants actually gave us all of their old toys. They were in perfect condition, I just couldn't figure out why none of them were in boxes.
29- I feel bad that we were so mean to poor little Josh Bates, when we babysat him. We were the closest thing that he had to siblings, and we probably screwed him up for life! (okay, so he wasn't quite that little)!
30- I remember when Becky Bezzant slept over, and she dared Ryan to run around the living room naked. (He did, and Becky really enjoyed it).
31- Laurel and I used to stand on the couch, and tell Lindsey to come over for a secret. When she got close, we would turn around and fart in her face.
32- To this day, I still wonder why she always fell for it!
33- When I was little, Grandma Hansen always gave us our wrapped family gift on Thanksgiving. One year my cousin Krista unwrapped it over Thanksgiving weekend, just to peek at it. She then wrapped it back up. It was a Nintendo!
34- Laurel and I got so good at Mario Bro.'s that we had a contest to see who could get the farthest while turned around backwards. I kept completing the levels, and Laurel thought that I was amazing! What she didn't know, is that
I was watching the reflection of the TV in the glass on the fireplace. Sneaky!!
35- Once when Laurel was playing Nintendo, I kept covering the TV with a blanket to see how well she could play. She got so mad that she sat on my face, and broke my glasses! I thought that she was going to get strangled... glasses are expensive!
36- When I was about 7, I wanted new jelly shoes REALLY bad. I went in my Mom's room, and cut them up with scissors. I decided to leave them on her dresser, so that she would notice them for sure. Too bad I wasn't smart enough to put the scissors away! She then gave me the opportunity to confess, and I still lied. I remember feeling guilty, but thinking that she would never know that I did it. Of couse I blamed it on Laurel!
37- I got new jelly shoes anyway!!
38- When I was probably 6, Laurel was 4, and had really thick long hair. I took a huge chunk on the side, and chopped it off!
39- I was old enough to know better!
40- I guess you can say that I am officially responsible for Laurel's famous mullet bangs!
41- I'm pretty sure that my Mom thought that La cut her own hair!
42- When I was in the 9th grade, I was walking home from mutual with some friends at night. A white car full of boys kept on driving by and honking. Finally, we all decided that we would moon them. When we saw a white car coming, I was the only one that actually mooned them. It turned out being a car full of West Valley Gangster girls. The driver was a huge polonesian girl that weighed at least 250. She beat me up! My friends all hid behind some bushes, even though one was a boy, and another was a big part black girl. The smallest one peed her pants!
43- It didn't hurt ... I had too much adrenaline pumping through me.
44- I told the cop that I just pretended to moon her.
45- The girl that beat me up ended up getting in a bad car accident, and being in a coma.
46- Like Earl, I believe in Karma.
47- My first job, besides babysitting, was working in the camera bar at Ream's.
48- My supervisors were these 2 nasty, white trash smoker ladies. They were adults with older kids, and they always talked about sex. I think the losers still work there, making $5 an hour!
49- When I was about 4, my parents left me at Kent's grocery store. One could argue that they had their hands full with 7 kids. That day, however, I was the only kid with the both of them. It's a good thing that I knew my phone number!
50- 100 things about myself is alot!! Half way there!
51- When I was 5 or 6, we drove to Logan in our sweet brown station wagon. I fell asleep in the very back, and everyone forgot that I was there. They all went in and went to bed. At some point in the wee hours of the night, I woke up and realized that I was alone in the car. I ran to the door and found the door locked. Needless to say, my parents awoke to screaming and pounding on the front door.
52- When I was in 5th grade, I got a volleyball, a curling iron, and a couple of odds and ends for Christmas. When everyone was still opening presents, my Mom noticed that I had just been sitting there. She had not realized how little she had bought me compared to the others. She took me to Shopko the next day, for a few more presents.
53- Does anyone see a pattern of parental forgetfulness?
54- I like to think that I was such a good kid, and so responsible that my parents never had to worry about me.
55- When I was in the 8th grade, our friend Sam's house burned down. He moved in with us for a few months, and it was so much fun! We used to stay up late laughing our heads off about anything! The funny thing is, my parent's made me sleep on the couch, whiled he got my bed.
56- I always thought that I would marry a black man.
57- The only way that I am having another kid, is if I adopt a little black boy. I have always loved black kids. (my Mom has always wanted a black grandbaby. I guess Reese could marry a black lady).
58- If I have a black son, he better be a professional athlete. Momma needs some help with retirement!
59- If I could have one super power, it would be the power to copycat. Then I would copycat a pro golfer like Tiger Woods. I would become loaded, with very little effort!
60- Speaking of being rich... I have been entering the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes since I was 11. I enter a few times a week, sometimes more. I am determined to win someday. Hopefully sooner than later!
61- I would also like to invent something, and make a ton.
62- Why do good looking people usually have hideous kids?
63- Luckily DJ and I aren't that good looking!
64- I hope that I am not one of those parents that thinks their kids are really cute, when they're not! People always say my kids are cute, so I hope they are not lying! Although I will admit that my babies look like little old men! ( sorry Reese)!
65- I have a million pet peeves.... here are a few!
66- Again, bleached hair!
67- Screaming kids.... although Ginny used to be the worst offender!
68- When people say that they are going to kill something dead. If you kill something, isn't it already dead? (Raid has a commercial that says they kill bugs dead)!
69- Women who feel the need to shop with eachother, and bring their kids. There is nothing worse than 2 women in Costco chatting away, while they block the aisle with their 2 shopping carts, and their kids are spread out across the store.
70- I also hate it when women don't teach their kids to stay close. I shouldn't have to tell someone else's kid to move so that I can get by.
71- I hate it when kids are acting out, and their parents just calmly say, "No No." The bratt just turns right around and acts out again. Who's in charge here?
72- Thong underwear .... gross!!!
73- Parents who spoil the crap out of their girls, but not their boys!
74- Little girls need to get haircuts!!! I don't care if you are trying to grow out her hair .... cut off the nasty straggles! A baby mullet is not cute. If your daughter is 1, and still hasn't had a trim.... I know a great place that cuts kids hair!
75- Obviously I have alot of peeves when it comes to parenting. Maybe that is because that is what I do all day.
76- I'll stop now!
77- The meanest thing that I have ever done is the following: When I was in 10th grade, Nat in 12th, we thought it would be funny to stage a kidnapping.Nat got her husband Neil (then BF) and his buddies to help. Nat was driving our suburban full of girls home from a stomp. Neil and his friends started following us, so we drove to some field trying to "lose them". Nat finally stopped and got out to pretend to confront them. They then grabbed her and threw her into their car. Our friend in the front seat was in on it, so she jumped into the drivers seat and started following them. The poor girls were screaming and freaking out. A few were crying, and trying to make sure that I was okay. They kept trying to get us to pull over and call the police, but we told them that we were afraid of losing them. Of course this was before all teens had cell phones! I was feeling so guilty, but I was afraid that Nat and Neil would get mad at me if I told them it was a joke. Anyway, we followed them all the way back to our house. Nat got out of the car laughing, until she saw about 7 girls as white as ghosts practically peeing their pants. To this day, some of those girls are probably still mad at us. Needless to say, that was a cruel joke. Thanks Nat and Neil!!
78- My second High School job was at the Reel Movie Theater. It was pretty fun.
79- One of my friends was a manager there, so he had keys to everything. We used to all tell our parents that we were sleeping at someone's house, then go to the theater after hours, and start all of the shows. We would seriously have half of the High School there watching movies, and eating free popcorn. I guess that's what happens when you trust a 17 yr old with theater keys. (I wonder why the theater ever went out of business)?
80- In High School, I seriously NEVER went to school. My parents took away my car privilages, thinking that would solve the problem. Yah right, Like we sluffed in my Mom's Granny car. One friend had a "67 Mustang, and the other always drove his Dad's brand new Jeep Wrangler.
81- I used to be able to tell anyone anything, and they would believe me.
82- Once a car load of us were leaving the school parking lot, and the Ass. Principle stopped us. I told him that our friend from Hunter High died, and we were going to his funeral. He told us to drive safe.
83- All my friends learned real quick to shut up and let me do the talking.
84- The lady in the attendance office really liked me, so I would just go and make up some excuse and she would give me a pass to leave.
85- That didn't help my friends much, so I just stole a pad of passes, and started forging her name. They then started requiring a special stamp.
86- I stole a stamp... problem solved.
87- To my credit, that is the worst I've ever done.
88- I was never one of those sluts who made out with guys.(Like ALL of my Sisters I believe).
89- Sisters, I don't think that you are sluts.
90- Laurel always called me a slut though.( I called her fat, so I think we're even).
91- I have never tasted alcohol.
92- I have never smoked cigarettes.
93- I have never tried drugs.
94- My Mom thought that I was on drugs though. (because I sluffed school).
95- My parents thought that I was totally getting into trouble. Come to find out, I think that I got into the least amount of trouble out of all 7 kids.
96- I can probably eat more than any of you reading this. It's a wonder I don't weigh at least 300 lbs.(just ask DJ)
97- I love my family. Even the stinky ones.
98- I have loved every car I've owned, and every house that I have lived in. I guess I just like things that are mine.
99- Having kids is a ton of fun, worry, and endless surprises... but I love it!
100- And last, I have to agree with my sisters and say that I had the BEST childhood. There is something to be said about being poor. You really do appreciate everything. Thanks to my Awesome parents. I hope that my kids get to have as much fum as I did. (I draw the line at letting them drink from the gutter though)!
Peace out Fools!
3 comments:
I totally loved the ones where you farted in Lindsey's face! I didn't know that! And, playing Super Mario Bros backwards! To this day, I'm the only one in the family that ever passed the whole game without warping!!
I was just playing around from one blog to another and came across this one. You probably don't remember me, but I sure remember #77 :) I think I was the one who STILL pees my pants after that night (just kidding).
You did not mention the time we got released early from girls camp for chasing boys...little disappointed about that one!
Mailyn
Hi I just found your blog through your mom's. I enjoy reading about the adventures with your girls. They are adorable. I was reading your 100 things about you. On #42 you made mention of one of your friends being a big part black girl??? I was trying to understand the relevance of mentioning her ethnicity? Are you saying that because she is part black she was supposed to be mean and tough? I don't get that part. I guess I felt offended. Go back deep enough and we are all part black!
Maureen
Happystampingmom
Post a Comment