
DJ had his long weekend that started on Friday, so we decided to take the girls to the Scarecrow Festival at Thanksgiving Point. After we did all of the activities, we decided to take them over to see the farm animals at the barn. Well, you know those machines that hold chicken feed that costs a quarter? Ginny walks up to it and asks, "Mom, can I have some candy?" Usually I tell her that I don't have a quarter, but I really wanted to see what she would do.I fished out my money, put it in the machine, turned the knob, and told her to hold out her hands. I thought that as soon as she saw the hard corn covered in a yucky powder, that she would realize that it wasn't candy. Nope! She bent down and scooped a few pieces into her mouth. She pulled this priceless face as she tried to chew the hard stuff, and realized that it didn't taste very good.
We were laughing SOOOOOO hard. I asked her if it was good, and she kind of shook her head no, with this puzzled look on her face. When I told her she was eating bird food, she quickly spit it out. Notice the powder around her mouth? I then had a nosy lady come up to me and inform me that my daughter wasn't too happy with me..... MYODB lady!!
Of course DJ had to tell her that there was a chance that she would turn into a bird, so she needed to be on the lookout for any feathers growing on her body.
I love a good laugh, even at the expense of my own innocent kids. I guess that I take after my Mom.
10 comments:
Priceless!
I wish I'd thought of that.
I'm laughing so hard :) That's too funny.
That is definately worth 25 cents. I love the look on her face. It's even funnier that some stranger had the ballistas to say something. You should have said something back like, "Oh, this is mild compared to the time we made her lick poo and told her it was a tootsie roll." Maybe I should do that next time my kids ask for a quarter. Get them a handfull of chicken feed.
I love that you are a mother like me, and let your kids do stupid things without stopping them. I also love that you wanted to yell at the lady! Soul sista's!
Yup, you're still the same, cruel, Ginger! JK, that is hilarious! We were just teasing Phoebe (that's my 15 month old) at my mom's on sunday with the Chucky doll.
One time when Faye was a baby I was putting on masks at Walmart and scaring her (she would fall for it every time) and some old fart came up to me and said "YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!" I was like "are you kidding me, what are kids good for, if not a good laugh?
That is so mean! However, it could have been much worse...some animals eat cudd! Love the pictures :-)
Ginger! You ARE a witch! hahaha.
Sarah
Man, I'm glad I"m not the only mother like that. In this, we are definitely sisters. That is hilarious.
Yes, that is definitely something that your mother would do. Remember the time I let one of you kids drink vanilla extract cuz you thought it smelled so good. I didn't let you take too much ... just a little bit. That was priceless too!
What a MEAN mom!
Post a Comment