Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sneaky Me


I must say, Reese has become a pro at tiring me out lately. She is learning new "tricks" every day, and I just can't keep up.
She thinks that it is funny to just spit out her food in the middle of eating, or even better, spray her food. She also enjoys throwing her plate. If I take away her plate, she likes to throw the food. She has figured out how to open a pack of wipes, and pull every one out... all in about 15 seconds. She stands up in the tub, then likes to plop down on the slanted end of the tub, and slide down on her belly. She tries to climb into the tub before it's filled. Of course there's the toilet that draws her attention too. Also, she has learned that it's kind of fun to drop things through the railing and watch them fall down onto the hardwood floor below. Last of all, I caught her trying to climb out of her crib the other day. I'm not ready to put her in a bed yet!!

My other two girls didn't seem to be this much work. Am I getting old, going soft, or both?

That said, I have been putting her to bed a little earlier every night, and she's actually been going to sleep. Better yet, she still sleeps until about 7:30. Tonight it was still light outside, but she still went down without complaint.

Why didn't I think of this earlier?

Tomorrow, I think that I will try it on all 3 kids. I'll have to sneak in and change Taylor's alarm clock.

If any of you have any other Mom tricks, PLEASE share!!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

gee, when you find out what to do, let me know. Maybe it is the third baby syndrome, who knows! It sure is much more tough than the previous two kiddos. Have fun, this stage will be over so soon!

Kristin said...

i agree, third child syndrome! or for me, it's been raising kids in my 30's vs 20's....seemed easier then!

Natalie said...

I think Reese is giving you a small taste of what it might be like to have a boy. Only I think boys are even worse at destruction. Tell her I said, "Good job Reese! Keep up the good work! Your tricks go well with the whole "baby covered in poop" trick you played a few weeks back. Maybe it's time you spring that one on them again. Then your mom won't complain about throwing plates or empty wipe containers."

Anonymous said...

I wish I had some advice for you Ginger! If you get any good tips, share them with me!
Sarah

Karly said...

OOOO. I need tips too!

Melinda said...

Wow, I'm tired just reading about her shenanigans! My boys have both gone through that stage -- Matt is still there. My advice: apathy. Wanton destruction is far less frustrating if you just don't care -- about the house, that is. Apathy is your friend. It can get you through anything.

Anonymous said...

I bet that you just forgot about your other 2 getting into so many things - or maybe mine have just been an extra handful!
Maybe Livi's taught her a few new tricks while staying - sorry! Wouldn't put it past her, she has been my worst!