
I love Ginny! There is never a dull moment with this kid.
Last week she was playing catch with her Dad. At one point the ball hit her in the head, to which she replied, "Oh man, you got me in the nuts!". After DJ finally stopped laughing, he vaguely explained what "nuts" are.
Well, yesterday she asked me if boys can ride bikes. I told her that they could. After a moment of thinking, she asked me how they could sit on the seat. I had an idea where this conversation was going, but I asked her what she meant anyway. She wanted to know how the heck they could sit, without sitting on their "nuts". I told her that they just do, so she said, "Oh, do they just kind of hang there and rest on the seat?"
Yup, that's about right kid!!
Besides her recent obsession with nuts, she is bound and determined to see a baby be born. When she found out that the neighbor was going to the hospital to deliver her baby, she asked if she could go and watch. I told her no, so she went on to say that she was really good friends with Kim, so she should be invited to watch. Again, I told her that she wasn't invited. Well, the next day she asked me if I was going to have another baby. When I told her no, she asked, "Don't you want to have a boy?" I told her no. "Don't you want to have another girl?" No again. This prompted a 10 minute discussion on how it's not fair that she is 5 yrs old and has never seen a baby be born. Fast forward the next day... "Hey Mom, I'll bet Aunt Cassie will let me watch her have a baby."
I don't think that will happen, but if anyone wants to invite Ginny to join them in the delivery room, just give her call. That would really make her day!
Also, Ginny had her Kindergarten evaluation yesterday. After it was done, I asked the teacher how she did. Her response was, "She did Okay." She then went on to say that all kids are born with so many different gifts that get unwrapped at different stages.
I've tried teaching her, she just doesn't care. We call her the party girl. When I tried to teach her to count past 30, she informed me that counting is only good for playing Hide and Go Seek, and that you don't need to count higher than 30.
Atleast she's got her charm!
3 comments:
What a cutie.... Let me know, I will let her come with me to work ANYTIME (however I think it would scar a five year old)
Too bad she hasn't 'unwrapped' the academic 'gift' yet, and has gone straight for the 'curious ch-ch-ch-changes gifts.' That is so funny!
Our favorite quote of all time from "Matilda". . . "Books?! What do you need books for? You can get everything you need from a tv, only faster!"
Oh how I love that girl! And I would for sure invite her into the delivery room if I was going to have more. And honestly, she asks great questions...I mean, really, what good are nuts? Ugly, lame, seem to get in the way...I completely agree with her!
Post a Comment