Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Our Trip To The Oregon Coast


The view from our balcony



4 of the 7 girls





Reese wouldn't take these glasses off... I thought that I was going to have to buy them.
Am I crazy? Probably.
Last week my younger sister Laurel and I , loaded our 4 girls and an extra niece into a van and drove up to Oregon. Our older sister Natalie moved up to Salem 5 years ago for her husband's law school, and is there to stay. I hadn't been up to see her yet, so off we went. We were able to stay at the beach for a couple of nights, and crashed at Nat's place for the rest of the week. I had to post a million separate posts to highlight the trip, so keep on reading... there's lots!
Between the 3 sisters, we have 7 daughters and 0 boys. Laurel is currently prego with a boy, but that doesn't count. My poor bro in law Neal was a great sport and kept us all laughing. It takes a true man to deal with 10 girls for a full week. I'm sure that people thought that we were stylish polygamists. We even considered doing the traditional Poly hairstyles.
Here are a few things I learned:
  1. My niece Addy can sing "Old McDonald" over 20 times a day...EVERYDAY!
  2. A bad enough migraine can make me almost pass out in Walmart and barf in my sisters toilet. (I will never be able to eat popcorn shrimp or chicken from Walmart's deli again)
  3. My niece Abby, who turned 1 while we were there, almost makes me want another baby (Almost).
  4. Addie likes to wake up at 6 every morning. Not so fun when you and your 1 yr old are sharing a room with her. Good morning sunshine!
  5. Waking up to a 2 yr old rubbing your boob is kind of weird. I guess she likes them.
  6. Ginny will do anything for a laugh! See Laurel's blog here //http://brianlaurelking.blogspot.com/2009/07/highlight-of-trip.html for an explanation.
  7. Having 3 nieces live out of state makes me miss out on alot... they are all so hilarious!
  8. Going on vacation for a week, with all 3 kids and no husband makes me need a vacation... from the kids!
  9. I missed DJ a TON!!
  10. DJ doesn't know how to work the washer... he was wearing his old ratty underwear when I got home. Atleast he was wearing some, right?

What an amazing week we had! Thanks Nat and Neal for putting up with us for a week! I can't wait to go back.



7 comments:

Natalie said...

Ha! I forgot about you getting sick at Walmart. Sorry you'll never want the popcorn shrimp or shicken again. You're missing out. It's not truly a vacation unless somebody barfs. Lucky it was a grown-up who could make it to the toilet.

Melinda said...

That looks like a really fun trip. We're glad you're back though, we've missed having you guys around.

Kristin said...

How fun....I'm jealous, and proud of you for making the journey without DJ! Love all your stories, and I too, hate waking up to my boobies being rubbed!! You get 'mother of the year' award from me this month!

Anonymous said...

Glad that you survived and had a great time!
Lovin' the strawberry shortcake thing for breakfast, I think that I might have to try that...

I think that you need to hold Elsie again to solidify your desire to have another baby - she is SO SWEET!!!

Sarah Lee said...

trips are always so much fun who wants to come back to reality? laundry, dishes and cooking, barf! All your girls are so cute. I can't believe you ALL have girls. I am the only tortued soul with that in my family, I think it goes along with how bratty you were as a teenager. You all must have been horrid. ha.

Sarah Lee said...

YES, Daff has a horrible outie! and she always says it's her weiner. ha ha! I want to get it fixed, but it's not herniated, so I think it might be considered "cosmetic"... which is crap. It's so bad you can see it through her shirts.

Richelle said...

Seriously...I don't check your blog for a few weeks, and when I come back you have like 16 new posts! Looks like you've had a fun-filled summer so far, and you're my hero for going on a vacation without your husband. I don't think I'd ever be brave enough to do that!! Kristin's right--"Mother of the Year" for you! ;-)