Monday, May 12, 2008

8 Days, and Counting.


I cannot wait for the new Walmart to open up down the street from me!! I am so tired of either driving to South Jordan, or having to pay double for my food at Albertson's and Peterson's. I know that Walmart is horrible and all, but at the end of the day, I save a ton of money on food there.
The new store will be close enough that I can walk. I told DJ that I am going to just keep a shopping cart in my garage, and walk there every week. Can you imagine what all of my neighbors would think?
Anyway, to save on gas, maybe I will have to have a new rule that if something can't be bought at Walmart, then we don't need it. That would be funny.
The local paper said that the grand opening will have the Kool Aid Man, the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile, some Disney Princess', and of course food and prizes. It sounds like I won't have to cook any dinner on the 21st, we'll all just ride our bikes to Walmart for free grub!
Now all we need is for the new Costco to get finished up.... Yeah!!

8 comments:

Natalie said...

What's happened to you? You're excited for a wal-mart? Watch their food prices. They have grand openings with great food prices, then slowly jack them up. Also, the bulk items aren't always cheaper than the smaller packs. I find that when I buy groceries at wal-mart, I buy and spend more. They do something with my head and I end up buying tons of extra's that look good. You need a Winco there. It's like food-4-less, only way cleaner and not so hispanic. Totally the cheapest food. Good produce too. Have fun riding your bikes to wal-mart for free hot dogs. You really ARE a Hansen, and you really DID grow up in West Valley! I'm so proud of you!

Jenn said...

No one will loves walmart but we all go there to save money and the crowd is always entertaining. Everytime I leave walmart my self esteem goes way up!

Richelle said...

I am with you on this one! I can't wait :-) We'll be riding our bikes ride next to you!!!!

Richelle said...

I meant "right" next to you...that's what happens when you don't "preview" your comment first! HaHa

Anonymous said...

Ginger! Fight against Wal-Mart! It's trying to suck you in! Fight it!!
Sarah Roper
(P.S. Your blog is cute.)

Anonymous said...

Although, after thinking about it overnight, Aerin needs a new carseat and I might look at Wal-Mart....I'm a sellout. I promise to hate it the entire time I'm there!
Sarah

White Family said...

Awesome - I can't wait to see the girls in official Nascar gear!

Sam said...

I would love to sit in on a staff meeting at Wal-Mart and figure out how they get all their employees to hate their job yet still come back day after day. Whenever I go there I feel like I've inconvenienced them. I'm not asking them to get the gum off my shoe or clip my fingernails, I just want to know where the toothpaste is, geeez. I would rather spend the extra money at Harmons's or Macey's and leave feeling like they were glad I stopped in.