Most of you probably know that DJ is in Virginia for 2 weeks. While he's gone Taylor goes off track, and Ginny finishes up with school. Luckily, the weather has been AWESOME, so we are trying to plan some fun things to do, to keep our minds off of missing Dad so much. So far we've just played outside a bunch. (Okay, the girls play, and Mom just hauls dirt and torn up sod around). Once the girls found out that we will be enjoying near 90 degree weather, they immediately got out their swimsuits.
We bought a zoo pass, so we'll have to take advantage of that (Oh Joy). I just checked availability for our timeshare in St. George, and I'm actually considering taking the girls down there from Monday to Wednesday. I'm still thinking on that one though. With my luck we'll get a flat or something, and I've never figured out how to get the spare out of the van. I'll let you know what I decide!
With DJ away, it has gotten me thinking about some of the things I get to do when he's gone.
1- Sleep in the middle of the bed.
2- Sleep without snoring ringing in my ears. ( I've been sleeping so great)!
3- Watch a different girly movie every night. So far I have watched Hairspray, 27 dresses (loved it), and P.S. I Love You.
4- Have whatever we want for dinner, and not feel guilty that DJ doesn't have a nice meal to come home to. (Not that he cares, he eats anything)!
5- Leave dirty dishes, and not feel guilty about being home all day and not having a spotless house. (Again, not that he cares, but I feel lazy when he witnesses that).
6- Take the girls on a trip, and not worry that we're leaving him home alone.
Some of the things that suck when he's gone:
1- I have to do EVERYTHING!
2- Mowing the lawn with a P.O.S. lawn mower that's not self propelled. That was fine in our old house, but this yard sucks!
3- Having to take the kids with me everywhere.
4- I can't say, "You just wait until your Dad gets home!"
5- After the first couple of days, I miss him horribly. The site where he is, is located in the middle of the woods, so he doesn't get phone reception. I only get to talk to him at night.
I will spare you all the emotional junk, but it stinks having him gone. As you can see from the picture, DJ was meant to be a Dad! His girls absolutely adore him! (Okay, I do too)!
Only 9 more days!!!
2 comments:
I am in the same situation... what sucked for me was having to get the kids to church without Keith. That was no fun. Atleast I usually have him to give them dirty looks from the stand when they misbehave...
Even if you don't go to St. George, you'd better figure out the spare tire situation! I think you should go for it. Have Lindsey go with you or something. If I was there, I'd totally go with. Have fun with D.J. away. What's he doing in the woods in the middle of Virginia? Isn't there a secret CIA place there? He SAYS he works for Carmax. Hmmmm.
Post a Comment