Saturday, May 17, 2008
My Daughter, The Klepto!
Yes, that's right! My middle child is an attempted Thief!! I was at Target yesterday, and as I was finishing up, the checker quietly informed me that Ginny was hiding something. At first I thought that Ginny had just taken something from one of the bags, and was wanting to carry it out to the car. Then I noticed the funny look that she had on her face. She was obviously hiding something! As soon as she realized that we knew that she was hiding something, she pulled it out and informed us that she was just looking at the toy (a light up Yo Yo). She quickly put it back, and tried acting as though nothing had happened. I was shocked! I thanked the checker, and started out to the car. She kept on telling me that she was just looking at the Yo Yo. I, of course, pulled the "Choosing The Right" lecture. Finally, by the time we got home, she admitted that she was in fact planning on taking the toy home. After explaining what happens to thiefs (jail), she broke down in tears. It was actually pretty funny, but I do wish that I would have taken her to the store manager. That would have scared her straight!! Let's just hope that this was the first and last stealing incident! With Ginny, there's no telling what she will pull.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I love your picture with the bars in front of Ginny-- but she's too darn cute to be put in jail! You've gotta love those precious teaching moments. I know that I've had PLENTY of them ;-)
Well...you know we've all done something stupid like that in our lives, so I'm glad you were calm! I, on the other hand, probably would have beat my kids once in the car....maybe! Too funny!
Dang, that picture of Ginny is really sad. I sure hope you told her you understand the temptation. I think I remember a similar incident with you at the D.I. At least Ginny chose Target to steal from, instead of Deseret Industries! Busted!!!
Love that picture of Ginny!
Post a Comment