It totally cracks me up how things change when you add more kids to the mix. When Tay was wee, the house was always spotless. Even though I was working, she knew her shapes (ALL of them ) before she was 2. She could recognize 1-5 by 18 months, and arrange them in the right order. Knew her ABC's before 2, could recognize all of them, as well as the sounds they made by 3, and was reading at 4.
A month or 2 ago, Ginny brought home a certificate from school. The teacher had circled all of the letters in the first half of the alphabet that Ginny had recognized. I think that she cirlced 3 or 4. (In her defense, she did know all of them). This certificate was signed by her teacher, and meant to be saved... it found a new home in the trash.
Her poor teacher probably thinks that she's either mildly retarded, or that her Mom is. The other day when I asked her how she wanted her hair fixed, she asked for a mohawk. I said no, for obvious reasons, and she got mad because I let Reese have one. Also, she is fascinated by a girl that works at Noodles & Co., who has many face piercings and crazy colored hair. She notices whenever the girl changes her piercings or hair color. Is that what I have to look forward to?
So, what does this mean for poor Reese? Maybe I should just enroll her now for the "special" classes in school.
I wish that I could say that atleast my house is spotless, but sadly enough, it's definately not. I guess that I better tell DJ and the girls that they don't need to get me anything for Mother's Day this year, unless it's a housekeeper and a tutor for my kids.
( I just added that picture of Reese because I thought that it was so cute)
5 comments:
You are a nut, I love that you just 'bag' on your daughter. I feel the same way sometimes, Paige made the school thing seem so easy, and Ellie likes to pretend she doesn't know anything. I'll give you my vote for mother of the year!!
I don't think you have to worry about anything! Your girls are all smart and beautiful :) Kids sure know how to keep their parents on their toes though!!! I missed you at book club...I went and I was only half done the book. It was a bit of a spoiler, but still fun! Did you finish it?
I find it so amazing that 3 kids can come from the same 2 people and all be so different. Our 3 are so different from each other, Avery is so smart and gets award after award at shool, Brendan rides the short bus to speech thearpy preschool but can throw a ball dead on from 50 feet away, and then Colby and figure out any puzzel, remote control or obstical course. Who knows where it all comes from! Your girls are so beautiful and wil go far in life it's in our genes.
Ahh, that Ginny. She cracks me up. I think that one day, maybe you should let her have a mohawk and tattoos, and see if it embarrasses her. It would probably only enbolden her. It's your fault for letting her listen to slutty Hannah Montana. Sarah said that she bets that aunt Ginger threw away all of Tay's and Ginny's Hannah music since the photo's came out. She was absolutely SURE that you wouldn't let them listen anymore. Ahh, the faith she has in you!
Ahh, Ginny's too funny. You have to love her!
Remember Logan? I even took him to the Dr. I was getting so worried about him!
Wait until you get around to your third!
Post a Comment