


Over the last few years I have discovered 2 certainties in my life, when back to school time rolls around;
- I will always say, "I can't believe she's in the ------ grade."
- I will shed a silent tear or two either on the way to school, or the way home. I prefer it happens on the way home, to hide it from the kid.
- I am always so shocked at the quiet that follows.
Taylor went back on Monday, after a whopping month off. I do have to say that year round school is GREAT!!! Just as the kids start to get sick of eachother and drive me nuts, it's time to go back.
Although I am loving the quiet, I also have been missing my awesome helper. Tay is such a perfect kid. She loves to help me, and she adores playing with Reese and helping to entertain her. I often joke about "homeschooling" her, just to keep her around, but she loves learning new things and interacting with other kids.
Only 5 more weeks, and Ginny goes back to preschool.... just in time for Taylor to go off track. Bad timing, I know

6 comments:
She looks so pretty. I can't believe we have 3rd graders! Don't you feel old? I do, because I remember when I started 3rd grade. I am glad she likes school, Nathan would rather be doing ANYTHING else than going to school.
WOW! Tell Tay that she's in the "turd" grade. Sarah is starting 5th grade, which is the oldest elementary grade in her school. Crazy. She'll be in middle school next year!
She looks so grown up! What a cutie!
Third grade is when I got my first "real" BF, Michael Owen, what a fox! Watch out for her, she'll be coming home telling you she's going out with so and so.
Year round school sounds so nice. We live in hickville where half of the people are farmers, so it'd never work here. The kid's slave labor is required at home during the summer. There's nothing more reassuring than seeing a 30 ton beet truck lumbering down the road and then realizing it's being driven by a 12 year old.
So cute! I love the things you will say every year, don't we all? She looks so old, which makes you old too, and I guess me too! Anyway, she is so sweet, and you always have your kids looking so cute....mother of the year!
I can't believe that she already started her new year.
Taylor looks so grown up in her picture - pretty girl!
Post a Comment