Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Funny / Gross


I would like to start by saying that at 10 months old, Reese has NEVER had a blowout. I know, that's unheard of, but true. There were a few occasions as a tiny wee one, that she leaked a tiny bit onto the leg of her onsie. Also, we can't forget the time when DJ was changing her on the ottoman, and when he lifted her bum up she sprayed him with poop. (Funniest thing EVER... he was screaming like a girl while I sat there laughing/trying not to pee. He had it running down his bare leg).

Anyway, we were getting ready for church on Sunday, making great time. Reese is now mobile, and we don't have a gate at the top of our stairs yet, so DJ put her in her room and closed the door. When it was time to get her dressed, he went to open her door and discovered that she was sitting up against it. He couldn't get her to move so he slowly started scooting her with the door. I was able to squeeze through and pick her up. After I picked her up, I noticed a big blob of poop on her door. Apparently she had pooped, and when DJ pushed her with the door it must of pushed the nasty out of the top of her diaper. Let's just say she was a stinky mess.

I had to carefully strip her down, and re bathe her. Luckily, it only got on her back and the door, the carpet was spared.

Needless to say, we were 10 minutes late for church.

On a side note, she said her first word after church..... bum-bum. I was singing her the shake your bum-bum song, and she repeated it back to me 3 times. She later said it for my neighbor to witness, but I don't know if DJ believes it. She did say duck in front of him yesterday though.

Bum-bum.... that cracks me up. Yup, she's definately mine!!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Okay,first GROSS! But that is incredible that she has never had a blowout. And secondly, what a great first word!! It's so "Nanny McPhee"; I love it! She's so cute!

Natalie said...

bum-bum. That's funny. Remember big Reese's first word was bull crap?