

The changes have been gradual, but now it's really hitting me.
Some of the signs:
- Her clothes are getting too big for her cute little girl hangers, everything falls off.
- She has been experimenting with her her own hairstyles. (That one can be scary)
- She's been more concerned with what she wears, and the accesories.
- BO .... Okay, that one has been around for a while, but she's getting better about actually wearing deodorant. I think that when Ginny informed her that she smelled like a McDonald's hamburger(AKA onions), she realized that if little sister can smell her, chances are classmates can too.
- She's been talking about where some girls in her class have bought clothes. I then explained that I don't want her looking like a Bratz doll, so we'll stick to our regular stores.
- And last, she's getting to be pretty funny. Not in a little girl way, but she actually says things that DJ and I laugh at.
I know that scary times are lurking ahead. Her teacher informed that the REAL girl drama begins in the 4th grade. Maybe I better start looking into homeschool. Oh wait, then I have to actually teach her stuff.... that would be scary.
To any of you with older girls, do you have any recomendations?

6 comments:
Just the thought of our girls growing up makes me say: "wahhh!!!!!!!!" :(
Sarah
So exciting this journey ahead of us! She is such a sweet girl, you've got nothing to worry about.....yet!!
Amen to the signs of growing up. It's true about the kid hangars. Just wait till you catch her coming out of your closet some day with one of your shirts on. Sarah does it all the time. And it's true, they DO start to say more funnies! I'm thinkin' I'm a little more equipped for teenagers than little kiddos. I understand their stupidity a little more. Exile to the YW program will do that to a girl. Can't wait for the kotex days!
She's looking so beautiful and grown up. . . it almost makes up for the spotty deodorant use!
Seriously though, where we'll most likely only have one child, it makes me sad to see how fast it goes by!
Fun... BO? already? soon you are on to buying training bras... yikes. At least your next one is spaced a little farther apart. Our girls will all be raging teenagers at the same time. Sean says he'll be fishing.
All I have to say about teenagehood is that at the first sign of rebellion, Chloe gets a one-way ticket to Utah. LOL. I can't believe that you have a girl who is so OLD - wasn't it just yesterday that we were having sleepovers and laughing at stupid things like body functions (oh yea, we still do that :o)
Post a Comment