Thursday, February 7, 2008

Enjoying All Of The White Stuff!!











We decided to make the most of all the snow, so we took the girls sledding!! We were able to find a big hill that had a parking lot at the top of it, so we left the sleeping babe in the warm car, and enjoyed ourselves! It was so much fun!! We were shocked that we were the only ones there, and that there were hardly any sled tracks there. I guess now days all of the spoiled kids either stay inside playing their fancy video games, or they go snowboarding. DJ and I were talking about how often we used to sled when we were kids. DJ had a bunch of hills by his house, so he said that they would go almost everyday that there was snow on the ground. Oh well, at least we got the hill to ourselves. I got quite the workout pulling Ginny back up the hill though. The snow was so deep I about got winded after 3 steps! Taylor couldn't get enough of it though. We were SHOCKED when she just hopped on the tube and took off. She is normally so cautious about everything, I was sure that one of us would have to ride down with her. The best part was when I finally got up the nerve to let Tay and Ginny go down together. Not long after taking off, the sled turned around backwards. Tay was screaming, and Ginny's scared little face was priceless. It was too bad that I didn't get a picture of that! Once they got to the bottom of the hill, they realized that they were okay, and that it was actually pretty fun! We had to promise the girls that we would go again soon. ( I personally like the picture of DJ)!




Next adventure.... snow castle. The girls roped me into promising that I would help them build a castle after school today. We'll see how that goes. (I wonder what the chances are that they will forget my promise)?

3 comments:

Eden said...

I remember some *bad* missionaries who lived in our area when I was about 12. They spent all day at our house for like FOUR DAYS IN A ROW building a huge igloo.

I don't know why my parents didn't send them packing (I would), but I have to admit, the igloo was awesome. It was so strong, adults could stand on it. We were the envy of the neighborhood (which justified all the wasted time--not).

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

you guys are so fun! I wish we lived next to eachother and I didn't work, we could play all day!

I am also surprised that Taylor did the tube thing, she's usually such a weenie!

Natalie said...

You made your girls wear helmets!!! That is too funny. No wonder Tay wasn't afraid. Crazy mom.

The reason they turned around is because Tay was in the back. The heavier person needs to be in front.

Why aren't there any pictures of you? Oh, I know, you were too scared to go down. Just like when you were little and didn't dare to do anything! (Because your mean older sisters and brother were there to sabotage your attempts, and you ended up getting hurt). Good times. . . . good times.