Sunday, February 17, 2008

Innocent No More.....


Well, the dreaded day finally came. That's right folks, "The Talk" with my oldest. It's been a long time coming. She has gotten little bits of info here and there (thanks to some lovely pad and tampon commercials), but the flood gates were finally opened the other night. She had just gotten a Beagle stuffed animal, and was wondering if there was such thing as a Beagle, Lab mix. I told her that the 2 breeds would have to mate in order for that to happen. Next came the question, "What do you mean mate?" Well, the rest is all history. The only thing that could escape her poor mouth was, "Ew, ew, ew!" Tay and I had taken the baby out to the car, while DJ and Ginny payed the bill at Chili's. When they got out to the car, Taylor just blushed, and couldn't look at DJ for a while.

I'm just glad that the whole thing is finally over! It wasn't as funny as Nat's talk with Sarah, but it was pretty good! I told Tay that my job is now over, because she gets to teach her little sister's when they are a little older. (Although it wouldn't surprise me if Ginny already knew... she is such a perv)!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am DREADING that talk with my boys, but know that it's just around the corner!
Love the new design - I need to change mine too!

Natalie said...

Poor blushing Tay. Now it's all she'll think about. Don't let Tay do the teaching to Ginny! Some things are better not to be lost in translation. Like "the talk." Although, I think I did a little "teaching" to Angie. I think she was a little nieve.

Eden said...

I never remember having "the talk." My pervy mom told us about sex before we were old enough to even have a clue. I'm in favor of honesty, but I think you can give kids too much info at too young an age.

We just talked to Maya a few weeks ago about how boys and girls have different parts. I think that's plenty for a four year-old!

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

I didn't the get "the talk" until I was in the 6th grade, and Lindsey in the 4th, and I was begging to go to the maturation program, all my girlfriends had gone and I was left out. I just remember thinking, "And all this time I thought you got pregnant with pee."