Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Spoke Too Soon!


Just recently I was telling DJ how much I love January, February, and March. The reason I love these months so much, is because there aren't any big holidays or events that eat up my time. I love being able to actually get things done that I want to do. Well, I definatley spoke too soon. Over night, I suddenly have all of these extra projects:

-Valentine Boxes for the girls

- Tay's school party

-Science Project, due in 2 weeks. Now normally you would think, "2nd grade, what's the big deal?" Well, Taylor has no ordinary class. Last year there was one project done on different freezing points, and molecule blah, blah, blah.(That kid is Asian, enough said). Needless to say, the pressure is on.

- Relief Society Birthday Dinner. I get to be in charge of the program, posters, nursery, and part of the food. (I actually don't mind this calling though).

- Service Project for my Activity Day girls

- I get to help Tay come up with a "trade". Her class is doing an experienced - based study on the economic system. They get to create their own community, government, and economic system. They have to earn salaries as civil servants and in private ventures. I have to help Taylor come up with a business venture, gather materials, and come up with a business. She will then have an opportunity to sell her product, and earn class money. The tricky part is that we can only spend $5, and Taylor has to pay me back with her school money. (Nothing is free, right)? After this, I'm thinking that she'll be responsible enough to earn her own living, and pay rent, right?

- Taylor is expected to have all of her multiplication facts memorized soon. They don't do them at school, so it all has to be done at home, before they move on to division. ( Luckily her teacher is EXTREMELY organized, so I know everything that has to be done for the week, on Monday's).

- Last, but not least, I have to have PRK surgery on my eyes again, in a couple of weeks. That means no driving for at least a week, and I have to keep my eyes closed as much as possible for at least 2 days. It will be worth it though, since my vision has been pretty crappy lately.


Oh yah, DJ will probably be going to Virginia for 2 weeks soon, as well.


Anyway, sorry to bore you all.... I'm just venting!

What am I doing wasting time on the computer? I better get to work!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

That sucks with your prk surgery. I remember when Angie had it done and drove her kids to school, hit an orange cone and thought, "that better not have been a kid in an orange jacket."

OK, I need to send Sarah to Utah schools. I swear, kids here are dummied down to the lowest common denomonator (which is "stupid"). In Utah, parents on average are much more involved with their kids education, which ups the expectations. Oregonians all want their kids to be soggy idiots. It makes me so mad sometimes. So, my opinion is "if you want to get something done, you've got to do it yourself." (name that movie).

Have fun. I'm glad it's you on the enrichment committee and not me. I would suck. We'd have pizza on paper plates, and watch Johnny Lingo.

Natalie said...

BTW, that picture of the foot in the mouth is GNASTY!!!

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Are you sure you aren't too busy to watch Addison next month while I'm on vacay? Lindsey is always more than happy to watch her!!!

Eden said...

It's not kids who get projects--it's their poor unsuspecting parents (who thought they'd finished school years ago).

And I'm SOOOO glad I don't have anything to do with Relief Society planning anymore. Those activities are way more work than anyone (who hasn't planned one) would know.

Lindsey said...

My kids are fascinated with that SICK picture! I'm sitting here trying to read and they're yelling at me to scroll to the top so they can see the picture again; they think it's hilarious!

White Family said...

That picture is the sickest picture ever!!
Well Gin, all I can say is welcome to the club. It gets worse...

White Family said...

MUCH WORSE!