I knew that someone would give me crap about the helmet thing!!
Just let me say this...
Taylor's neurologist said that a bad bump on the head could jump start epilepsy, therefore, helmets are crucial.
Ginny's neurosurgeon said that with her excess fluid on the brain, a bad bump could jump start Hydrocephalous. He said that that is probably what happened to Ryan.
So there!!!
I'm not a crazy Mom, I'm a smart Mom!!
(Nat just ask Charlotte Bezzant what happened to Brandon while sledding down a LITTLE hill, with his Mom, when he was 5)!!
4 comments:
I'm licking my wounds right now. I know, I know, it's really good to wear helmets. We wear them at the ski resorts, but you have to admit, it's kind of fun to make fun of the poor kidlets.
I'm totally laughing.
I saw the helmets and thought, "Gee, I've never even considered making my kid wear a helmet. I'm a crappy mom."
Next time I'll just make fun of you--it's better than feeling guilty!
I think you are a great mom. My kids are the only ones who go to the skating rink with their helmets on. Yes, they may get teased, but if you saw some of the awful head bonks I have seen, everyone who make their kid wear a helmet! You go! :)
I think you are awesome!
I have never thought about making my boys wear helmets - I will now, it makes good sense!
Post a Comment