Friday, April 4, 2008

Pope Joan

I finished reading Pope Joan, and absolutely LOVED it! I would definately recommend it.
We actually met last night, and had a very interesting discussion on it.
I just can't believe some of the crap that the Catholics have done and believed over the years. They claim that there was never a women Pope, but interestingly enough, they actually practiced a ritual for over 600 years, that "checked" to see if the Pope was really a man. They had a chair with a cutout on the seat, that would allow for the genitals to hang down. During the papal consecration ceremony, a deacon would examine the individual, and declare that he was in fact a man, after which he would be declared pope. Crazy!
If you haven't ever read this book, go pick it up at the library. If not, they are going to begin filming a movie sometime this year. I can't wait!!

1 comment:

Eden said...

I've got to put this book on my list. It sounds great.