Thursday, January 10, 2008

A 2 Car Family Again! Yeah!!

Well, we finally decided that one car was not working for our family, so we decided to head on over to Carmax, and make a new purchase! Do you like it? I'm pretty excited! It's nice to be able to fit all 3 car seats comfortably across the middle, and still have extra seats in back. Now I just hope that we can pay for the thing!! :) It's a 2007 GL450, and with DJ's discount, we were able to save about $9000. Not too bad!










Okay Nat, I know how much you would love to own a Mercedes, so don't get too green with envy! We actually ended up buying a 2007 Nissan Quest. Yes, you heard me right... a minivan. I didn't think that I would see the day that we would own one, but I LOVE it!! It has so much room! We thought that we were going to get an Armada, but changed our minds after testing it out for awhile. We put the car seats in one, and I had to hoist Ginny 5 feet into the air. Then doing the same with a baby carrier was not that fun. In the end, we figured that the minivan was very convenient, and we saved about $13,000. (That doesn't include insurance and gas savings)!! I am a pretty happy camper! I guess I can now call myself a true stay at home Mom .... next stop, high waisted jeans.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Ok, I jumped! If that was your new car, I would be headed straight to Utah to steal it. A mini-van? A mini-van? So, how does foot taste? As crazy as it sounds, once you own one, you'll always want one. You know they have an addictive hold when a 1994 dodge caravan with a red interior has made me a mini-van convert. Enjoy the mini-van! Hopefully sometime next year we can buy a new mini-van from D.J.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you got me too!
Gotta love the minivans - I am trying to stay away from those as long as possible! (And the high-waisted jeans!)

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

I am glad you got the mini van. I know it's vain to not want one because you don't want to be the mormon mini-van driving mom, but guess what, that's what you are?! And, I personally would want to save money, not pay an arm and a leg to fuel up your car all the time.
CONGRATULATIONS GINGER! I know one day it'll be my time, and I will have to have you by my side for support!

Sam said...

I love our Odyssey. I think I would buy one even if I wasn't married with chillins, it's just so handy. You had me going with the Benz thing. We'll have to race sometime. Consumer reports says the Honda is the sportiest to drive! :)