


Well, it's been a couple of weeks since my last post, but in my defense... ALOT has happened! Where to begin? We had a great Christmas this year! (These are some pictures of the girls on Christmas morning. Reese didn't know what what going on).The girls got some fun toys this year, and my Mom bought the family Guitar Hero. This has definatley been the family favorite this year! DJ is addicted to the darn game! He has always known that he has absolutley no music abilities at all, but I think that this game has given him some new hope! He'a actually pretty good at it! I did come close to breaking the guitar 2 days after Christmas though. I got the stomache flu, and was sooooo sick. The next thing I know, DJ comes in all dressed for work. I asked him how the heck I was supposed to take care of Reese when I was puking. Apparently he had written down instructions for Tay, so that she could take care of the baby. (I guess it doesn't matter that she can't get the baby in and out of her crib without standing on a stool, or take her up and down the stairs). Now normally, DJ is exceptionally in tune with my needs, and a very responsible Dad and Husband. For some reason though, he lapsed into a "typical" husband that day. Unfortunately, I had to tell him how things were going to be that day. I told him to call in sick, and he told me that he can only use sick time when he is sick. I then told him that if his boss has a problem, to put me on the phone... I was in no mood to deal with any crap from anyone! Needless to say, he stayed home from work that day. He thought that he would do me a favor, and keep the girls out of sight. He kept them locked in the toy room, with the blinds closed, and they watched him play Guitar Hero all day. He claimed that he let Taylor play Dance Dance Revolution for a while, but Tay said it was for about 20 minutes. Now this wouldn't have been too big of a deal, if hadn't of kept laying Reese down for her naps, and closing her door as well as the toy room door. I guess he forgot that we have a baby monitor, so obviously he was unable to hear her when she would cry. I was trying to stay away from the baby, so I would yell for DJ, but he couldn't hear me over his awesome guitar playing. I would then drag myself downstairs to ask him to get the baby. (While I was at it, I asked him if I could get him anything to eat or drink)! Tay was nice enough to get me a bottle of water and a piece of bread. Luckily, I was the only one who got sick! (a small part of me was secretly hoping that DJ would get sick, then I would ignore him all day)!! So, as you can imagine, DJ has gotten pretty good at the game, and I almost destroyed it! I still love you DJ!!
The highlight of Christmas was that Reese rolled over for the first time!! She was playing on her tummy with the new play mat Santa gave her, and the next thing we knew, she flipped right over. She did it twice, and we actually had her on video when she did it. It was so exciting, especially since we were all there to see it! Go Reese!
After Christmas came New Years. For the past several years, we have gone to our old friends house in our old Murray ward. This year though, we decided to just keep the baby home. She loves to sleep in her her crib, so we stayed home and watched a movie with the girls. Of course we also had to let them stay up until 10 so that they could watch Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brother's perform on TV. I was in bed by 10:30, and it was GREAT!!!
As much as we love different aspects of the Holidays, it can be a little too much with all of the gifts for everyone, and all of the running around for a month straight. My friend across the street always goes on a long vacation over Christmas, thus allowing them to just enjoy being together as a family. This year they went to Costa Rica for 3 weeks and had an amazing time! We are seriously considering getting away from it all next year, and going on vacation. I know that this may upset family, but I feel like such a grouch by the time Christmas comes! I guess we'll have to see when the time rolls around again!
2 comments:
Go D.J. the guitar hero! At least he stayed home from work to kind of help you.
What's up with Ginny's arm?!
Post a Comment