Monday, January 21, 2008

2 Things That Keep Me Running!




Well, I've been trying my hardest to continue running on my treadmill. I loathe running (maybe because I have asthma, and haven't gone to the Dr.), so it is a struggle for me to get down to the basement everyday. I recently found 2 things that help my workout; 1- A little Aerosmith blasting as loud as I can stand. I just have to get over some of the lovely lyrics and 2- Imagine that I am being chased by one of the Dark Seekers from "I am Legend". Holy crap those things are scary!! DJ and I are seriously considering buying another treadmill, taking turns dressing up like a Dark Seeker, and "chasing" eachother. We figured that doing that around the neighborhood would cause quite the stir. Whatever works, right?
Wouldn't it be nice if we could exercise our butts off, until we get to our ideal size, then be done with it? I realized that this will have to be a life long habit, so I better get used to it! I do feel pretty great after exercising, so I just need to remember that feeling every morning.
I was talking to some friends last week after Enrichment, and we were discussing how nice it would be to go "natural", and have society be okay with that. We decided that we would all be scary, fat, and hairy! At least technology has gotten so advanced these days... sure the pioneers were skinny just from doing daily chores, but they didn't have laser hair removal. I guess that hairy women just had to be hairy! My poor girls are going to have to get laser hair removal for their 12th birthdays. I can't afford to buy razors and shaving cream for 4 of us!! (I wonder how old you have to be to get zapped)?
Oh the struggles of being a woman! Here's the million $ question.... would you rather be a man or a woman?

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Good job exercising on the treadmill! It's hard to do. Are your girls hairy or something? Maybe one of them will be butch and not want to shave. That would save you some $!

Anonymous said...

Just stick with the running and soon enough you won't want to go a day without a good run - I love to run now!
As for your ? - I love being a girl, I think I'll stick with that!