

For those of you who are not Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus fans, GNO stands for Girls Night Out. When you have 3 girls, you end up listening , and memorizing many Disney songs while running errands in the car!
I finally caved, and took the girls to see Hannah Montana in 3D. Taylor actually saw it last weekend for her friends birthday party, but I took her again because I thought that it would be fun to see it with both the girls. Well, $45 later..... ouch!
It actually was REALLY fun!! I liked it better than a real concert. We went right after Tay got out of school on early day, so there were only about 12 other people in the theater. They did a great job of making you feel like you were at the real thing.
Some of you already know this, but when tickets for the real concert went on sale, I hopped on line to check it out. I actually had 2 seats reserved, and I had 10 minutes to confirm the purchase. For just Tay and I to go, It was going to run us $100 ( that's not even for the best seats)! We had decided that Taylor could go for her birthday, but then she wouldn't get anything else. Since the concert was in late October, and her birthday is in mid December, I worried that the novelty would have worn by then, and she would have been bummed about not getting any presents to open. After a minute of thinking, I was kind of sick about spending that much money for one silly night (even though we payed $150 for U2 tickets 2 years ago). Anyway, I called Taylor in, and told her that even if I had a butt load of money, I just didn't think that it was worth it. Luckily, the DJ part of her brain agreed, and we gave up the tickets. Well, imagine the shock when a few days later, the news is freaking out about how many hundreds of dollars the tickets were selling for on Ebay! They actually ended up adding a 2nd show. (Tay was bummed because she would have sold her tickets, and used the money for college and a Wii.... again, the DJ part of her brain)!
Well, when all is said and done, we had a really fun time. It was still pretty pricey, but at least we didn't have to buy Reese a ticket. (She had to tag along too, but then I felt bad about how loud it was, so I stuffed tissues in her ears).
A little side note: I bought Taylor the least ghetto Hannah T-shirt at Walmart a few weeks ago. It only cost me $6.50, and it's her favorite shirt! Heck, screw the Gap... Tay's getting Walmart apparel from now on! (okay probably not, but I'm glad she likes the shirt)!
5 comments:
I'd like to claim that I would never EVER take my kid to a Hannah Montana concert, but I've been a parent long enough to know you should never say never (case in point--I said I'd never buy anything Disney Princess for Maya, and anyone who knows her can see how that turned out).
That's funny. When I was 12, Becky got to go to a "Tiffany" concert, but I really wasn't that jealous, because I liked Billy Joel and Bon Jovi WAY better than Tiffany or Debbie Gibson. Oh, and Whitesnake too.
Anyway, Eden is right. Never say never when it comes to your kids. You need to find what THEY like and appreciate, even if it isn't Karate Kid or playing cars in the dirt.
I will NEVER buy a gaming system for my kids...there I said it. Now stick that in your pipe and smoke it - Ha! Now let's see how this all shakes out in the next few years.
I myself LOVE HANNAH MONTANA - and I don't have any girls! Anytime it's on I watch it. Jackson and Rico make me laugh my head off. She's cute and her dad's pretty hottt. And let's face it, what 11 year old girl wouldn't wish she was a secret pop star with the best of both worlds? Chill it out, take it slow, then you rock out the show. Next time call me and I'll go with you. Heck, who knows, I'll bet the boys would want to go too!
And, NEVER SAY NEVER!!
Post a Comment