Saturday, March 8, 2008

An Intervention....


I need your help! It appears that we need to stage an intervention for DJ. He has a recent addiction that he can't seem to break.
It all started last month. We purchased Webkinz for the girls for Valentine's day. For those of you who are not familiar, they are stuffed animals that come with a special code. You then go online, and enter this code to adopt your pet in the Webkinz world. Once you adopt your pet, you have access to play games that can earn you Kinzcash. With this fake money, you can buy and decorate an entire home for your pet, and buy all sorts of cool things in this online world.
DJ helped Taylor get started, and it was all downhill from there. He loves playing games to earn tons of cash "for Taylor". He has spent multiple nights staying up until midnight, playing games. I finally have to tell him to shut it off and go to bed. Taylor awakens every morning to a large sum of Kinzcash in her account.
Taylor has been able to purchase a house with all sorts of furniture, including a Plasma TV and leather sofa. She also has a large yard with a pool, barbecue grill, pond, and garden. She is having a blast blowing all of her newly acquired cash. (I'm sure that she's learning some wonderful lessons in money management).
So basically, DJ has a problem that he needs help with.... pray for him please!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Yeah, I see a problem brewing. Only I wouldn't worry as much about the fact that he's earning money as I would about the fact that a 34 year old man is staying up till mid-night on a website populated mainly by pre-pubescent girls. Can you say, "child molester?" Just kidding. That's really funny.

Melissa said...

Uuuuh, I guess I must confess, I do the same thing. My kids are always begging me to "get them cash" and I do. Actually for Christmas the kids bought me a webkinz. Boy, I need a life...