Thursday, March 20, 2008

A New Trick...


As most of you probably know, when you start feeding your baby solids, it can screw up their eating schedule. You never know if you have given them enough, and when they will get hungry next. Apparently Reese has found a way to let me know when she is hungry. Instead of just getting fussy or crying, she looks right at me and opens her mouth as wide as she can. She just sits there that way for a few seconds, then waits. If I don't start fixing her food, or feeding her, then she does it again. She will do this a few times, and then will fuss if I don't react. It is the FUNNIEST thing! It is really coming in handy lately. We have tested her over the last few days, to make sure that she knows what she is actually doing. 100% of the time, she is hungry. I love it!!
This is a picture of her after eating some squash... she loved it. For some reason her hair looks red, but it really isn't. She does seem to be getting some funky curls though. Not the cute soft curls, but some wavy crazy ones.... poor thing. She has DJ's exact hair growth pattern, except without the receding part of course. Let's just hope that she doesn't end up with a crazy, wirey mullett at a later point in time! (I'll have to post some old school pictures of DJ's one of these days.... good laughs)!!

3 comments:

Eden said...

Not only does she have DJ's hair . . . she has his face, too!

And your new read (Pope Joan), I know the story from history classes, and it's CRAZY. I've wanted to read the book, too, and I can't wait for the movie (though it's mostly because I love the actress, Franka Potente).

Let us know how you like it!

Natalie said...

She opens her mouth really wide because she's trying to tell you, "Mom! Get off your lazy butt and fix me some food!" That's really cute. It's better than crying when they're hungry. That gets on the nerves.

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

I don't buy it, she totally has red hair in this picture.

And HOLY, try getting the food in her mouth next time!